Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2016 E400 4Matic Sedan
610 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ever since I successfully completed couple DIY projects on my old Mercedes, I have applied what I learnt on other repairs around the house.

In the past week, I fixed our self-Pro Lawn mower (broken clutch key and gear cover; $18 parts), washing machine (broken daul agitation dogs and clutch plate; $10 parts), and my kids's bikes (one with bad valve stem and the other with bend gear selector $0 parts).

Saving some money aside, I really enjoy the senses of accomplishment.

It really does not take much time once you understand how things are typically put together.

·
Registered
1988 560SEL sold:
4,717 Posts
Congrats.

It's really satisfying to fix things yourself. Not only you understand how things work and you're ready to do it again if you have to, but you end up caring more for the things you've fixed and as you have already mentioned, theres the sense of accomplishment.

I'm in the process of fixing the leaky shower stall where grout had failed, and it is a job too small for most contractors to take - besides, I don't trust them to do a quality job anyway.

Reader's Digest has a 'Fix It Yourself' book for things around the house (I think it has blue and yellow cover) you can find in Home Improvement section.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts