Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
Two '87 570SECs, one '87 560SEL
4,467 Posts
Good one!!! "Air bags did not deploy" - I'm no expert but I'd say they should've!!!
Depends.

How many folks have said that the tree jumped in front of them? Just asking. Seems to me that the pole could have hit the poor defenseless stationary car. :-(

Then again, this guy is likely to be a future Darwin Award winner.

·
Registered
1989 300SE (Rear Ended & Junked) 1995 E420, Fully Loaded with Ortho Seats & Rear Sun Shade :)
503 Posts
"Car still runs, and air bags did NOT deploy"

???????????? In that condtion? Seems to me that the front passenger axle/wheel is bent, brakes gone and few lines snapped. But, I admit I am an ignoramus.

PS: That does not look like a pole, but from the way it's ripped, more like he grazed the right side against an oversized trailer or something.

Attachments

·
Registered
Too many to list
8,929 Posts
He seems pretty honest, says it's badly damaged.

That the airbags are intact and it still runs are factual descriptors, he is not saying it drives

·
W123 Moderator
78 450 SL, 84 500sec (Euro), 94 E320 Wagon and 85 500 SEL (Real AMG, 5.4, Pentas & Body Kit)
797 Posts
And it will have a clean Carfax

Hi all,

The best bit about that car is that it will have a clean Carfax.

After it is repaired it will be sold for top money to some poor unsuspecting buyer who will have no idea that it has been hit that hard.

That is what in the wrecked car trade is refered to a as 3rd Party Accident, it will not be flagged to an Insurance Company, hence when repaired will be worth more money.

·
Registered
2002 CLK 430 1999 ML 320
92 Posts
I wonder if it could have been hit while it was parked. I am not sure but I think if the ignition is off the air bag system may not deploy. Anyone know for sure?

·
Premium Member
2012 CL550 4MATIC Coupe
9,992 Posts
The way 126 airbags are wired, they are only powered when the key is in the run or start position and they are only armed when the respective seat belt is buckled. There is no speed sensor or other inputs.

·
Registered
1984 500SEL
91 Posts
Yes I meant the engine. At least a quarter of it looks gone, and god only knows what was pushed around and what snapped where. If you claim it "runs" it should "run" correctly. Just because the engine turns it doesn't mean it runs. But anything to sell I guess...

·
Registered
1988 Mercedes Benz 420SEL 258,000 miles (SOLD) 1991 300se 168,000 miles, ASR 1999 GMC Yukon 192,000
1,376 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
haha if it was a 560 ECE with 10:1 compression wed be all over it....

1 - 15 of 15 Posts