1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2002 Mercedes G500 & 2005 BMW 745Li
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

Sorry, it's not a G-related topic.

I purchased my 2002 G500 on Feb 10, 2007, but then I've received a registration renewal notice from DMV today after I received my license plate few weeks ago. I called to the Mitsubishi dealer (where I bought) and asked them why I receive this notice. They told me that I still have to pay because the amount that I paid when I purchased the car was not for 1 year. The amount is for registering my name on this car??? :confused:

When you buy used car, don't we pay for 1-year registration fee?
I paid $342.75 according to the paperwork, and the DMV renewal notice says I have to pay $321 in June 2007. On the DMV notice, the license fee is identical figure as $257 just like on the contract paper from the dealer. I'm guessing this Mitsubishi dealer is playing around with me.

I think my G had a registration left for 4 months left when I purchased the car. And this dealer just took the whole registration fee in their pocket and now saying that's not the amount you paid for.

Anybody knows about this one?

·
Registered
02 G500
2,254 Posts
well all states are different.

Here in va the last new car i bought the taxes where included in the price. I wrote a check and then my tags came. That was a year ago.

Now on the other hand my friend just bought a used chevy truck a month ago and they gave him temp tag... Once those where up we went to the DMV and he had to pay sales tax and poperty tax on the truck to get his tags. We are a little different than your state im sure.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts