Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
01SLK320 totaled =(
672 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Last night around 10:15pm I was going to work to upgrade our registers, doing 75 (cruise control set) on the North bound I-15, was in my Cobra.

When I get around the CA-52 Interchange I pass this Camaro SS, probably with aftermarket stuff, you could see the chrome exhaust, bigger wheels and video screen audio system through the tint.

He is doing approx 70, giving me no thought, just as I gave him no thought.

Couple minutes later when I pass Miramar Way, he FLIES past me (I see him coming in the sideview mirror) doing probably 110 easy (I was doing 75 still) could have been more, puts his blinker on to merge right and exit at Miramar Road (my exit too)...then a cough, Civic EX, LOL comes blowing by at a lower rate, but still way faster than me, then continues north, finally the third car that blows by me is none other than a Highway Patrol , I was sooo happy, he sees the blinker of the SS and follows him off, and I see them pull over on Miramar Rd.

Needless to say, I was laughing my ass off, I figure the Civic EX was annoying the guy and he just punched it, which was pointless because that SS versus a Civic EX even with mods is no contest. Unfortunately, the EX probably got away, but it would be nice to know if that SS got impounded.

·
Registered
01SLK320 totaled =(
672 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I don't understand the point of your reply.

A) The divorce is killing me. I don't understand what my post has to do with that.
B) It was an event on my way to work.
C) A Civic would have no chance anyway, so assuming I was correct in my assumption, the SS deserved what he got, cooler heads do prevail.

Fuck, this forum is annoying sometimes.

·
Registered
SLK 230
1,007 Posts
I am not happy, I am not moving on with my life.

I am near suicidal.
Hey TK !!
times are tough for you right now, and they will be for a while. I know, as I've been there too. All you can do is carry on with your life, and I'm sure there will be times when you'll be frustrated and need to vent a liitle anger. sometimes your "normal calm" view on some situations changes during this period. Its up to your friends, and fellow forum members, to accept this and understand what you are going thro.
So come on guys, cut TK Doom a little slack.. he's not a bad guy.

·
Registered
2002 SLK 32 AMG, bone stock. 1987 190E 2.3-16 valve (destroyed). 2005 E320 new toy.
14,926 Posts
TK, take it easy dude, we're all here for you.........

In spite of how bad things seem right now, they will get better. Believe me, they WILL get better.
There's an old quote that applies here:

"That which does not kill us makes stronger."

I can't come out to California, but if you need to talk my e-mail is listed and PM's are easy enough to send. Sometimes it helps to get it out of your system. We're all here to help if we can pal .... [:I]

·
Registered
SLK32, ML430
6,349 Posts
RE: TK, take it easy dude, we're all here for you.........

TK Doom hang in there man. Things always seem to work out for the best. Granted the time between sucking and being better is shitty. But in the end you will come out stronger and be better off.

·
Registered
SLK32, ML430
6,349 Posts
RE: TK, take it easy dude, we're all here for you.........

I have to say that I have been guilty of a similar response that the SS had. In my case it had nothing to do with someone wanting to race but a damn left lane vigilante driving at or below the speed limit in a lane that is about to end when I need to get around a car on the right. People need to go back to drivers ed and learn that the left lane is the passing lane.

·
Registered
2002 SLK 32 AMG, bone stock. 1987 190E 2.3-16 valve (destroyed). 2005 E320 new toy.
14,926 Posts
It is ????

It is? damn you couldn't prove that around here.. [:D]
We jokingly refer to the extreme right lane as the passing lane around here. ... [:D][:p][;)]

·
Registered
2002 SLK 32 AMG
441 Posts
TK, I didn't even read the others responses, so this is from my heart, I shot right down to the bottom to post after I read yours.

Tk, I had a brutal divorce, 9 back surgeries, two abodomial surgeries, 2 knee surgeries, my nose had to be rebroken and fixed so I could breath, my x has convinced my 23 year old son that I never loved him and never wanted him around, he hasn't talked to me in 6 years and I still had to pay for his college! Its tearing me apart! There isn't a day when I haven't thought about ending this darn pain that I live in. Pfff, people give me a hard time and ask why don't I have a job? I have to endure reviews from SSI and Comp to prove that I'm still handy cap, that's stress in the highest form, because that's your living! I have comp detectives following me around all the time. They shoot photos of you doing everything! They walk right up your driveway and take pictures of inside your car to see if your using a shifter or not and try to use that against you. You'd think after all I've been through they'd just say... he's done for life, but that's they're job, I have to endure it. My entire in laws love me, but just can't understand why I'm not working even though I'm bringing in a nice income on SSi and comp insurance. Unless you've live with the pain or with that person that lives with it, like my wife, they'll never understand. My two dogs just died, 14 and 15 years old. They were my loves. Dad just died last year. The man that was by my side through my entire 10 years of surgical problems. Every day he had to baby sit me while my wife worked. He had to drive me to physical theropy, 60 miles a day every day for 3 years untill I was well enough to drive solo. We bonded so much in those last ten years. He told me that he prayed to God for him to take my pain because I was younger and had a life to live, I know he died of heart complications, but man if I let my mind wander, I can sure let things get depressive. It makes ya wonder. Every day I have to spend at the minimum an hour on the fucking toilet just to try and get some bussiness done, with the paralissis I can't tell what's going on, dude, that sucks! I had to stick a two foot tube in my pecker just to PEE for nearly 4 years! Just last Dec, they didn't think I was going to make it past the holidays my health was so bad.

I co-owned a business, I lost out on all that. My partners are living in 1.5 million dollar houses, driving the best of the best cars, and are living high on the hog. I live in a shack, a nice shack mind you. But they're generator room for the emergency power generator is bigger than my house!

Now that I've painted the gloom and doom. I just gotta tell ya. Life is good :) Its a blast when you have a good day. Find a beach on a sunny day, smell that coco butter and you'll know what I mean. There's a BETTER woman out there that will love you I promise this. I promise, just take your time, date, and don't just settle. Every night before I shut my eyes, I say my prayers and thank the God/Savior of my choice she was there for me that day. I have a new dog! Smart, funny, loves me!
Last month I got an SLK.

Yesterday, I went to the Berkshire Mountains, did a little shopping, had a blast holding hands, we hit a museum, she was so happy that I was alive and fighting to be with her. We dated for 12 years and have been married for 10. It took me forever to get over the damage my first wife caused me. But I stuck it out. Plug away my friend, take all the guns out of the house, give em away, you don't need temptation. Think of the good news, you can completely redecorate the way you like it now! I always wanted a primitive house with wide pine floors, 18th century furniture, old paintings of prominante figures like Washington, Ben Franklin, stuff like that. I'd love a surround system and big screen that curls your hair every time ya watch it. And a three car garage. Oh, lets not forget the John Deere garden tractor. Dream TK, dream. They can sometimes come true.

·
Registered
SLK 230
1,007 Posts
Gee John Boy... I'm starting to cry.. Man you've been thro some shit. I admire your positive outlook on life despite what you've been thro. I'm sure I would have cracked and done myself in long ago. RESPECT

·
Registered
SLK 55 AMG
3,560 Posts
This is one of those moments where one has to post the "Sad hug" smilie...

·
Registered
'01 SLK230,'93 190E 2.3, 1971 LS5 Corvette Convertible
2,194 Posts
John Boy,
You make me feel like I've lived a very sheltered life. I definitely appreciate my wife and health alot more now. We met in 1966 and yes, we have our differences from time to time but overall, a great life. Your outlook on life has to be admired ...it takes a strong person to appreciate the beach and the smell of cocoa butter after spending an hour on the toilet hoping for something to happen. Hell, I'm usually running and praying I can make it to the bathroom in time. [:D]
Anyway, glad to hear you're making the best of everything considering your situation. I wish you the best!

Pay attention TK! There's alot of people pulling for you.

Dave

·
Registered
2002 SLK 32 AMG
441 Posts
<Laugh> I could go on, trust me, there's enough for a movie of the week. But it I only wanted to point out to TK that no matter how bad it is, no matter how much life can get you down, there's always something that you can look forward to. Always!

I used the scent of coco butter in tanning oils as an example of one of the ways that I ENJOY life, and its an easy thing to do. He's going to have to find ways to relax. Here's why I like coco butter.

I was laying in a hospital bed, totally ready to give up. I was in there for over a month. I had iv's in both arms and even some sewn into my neck. I was in pain, serious pain. Someone from the family would always sit in and be with me. On this day, I opened my eyes to see my dad sitting there. Dad spent lots of time with me, since he was retired. Sometimes I would wake up to see him asleep his chair, but like magic he'd open he'd open his eyes knowing that I was looking at him, he'd clench his fist, grit his teeth and say... "fight boy, fight". Oh hell, I didn't want to fight, I wanted to just roll over and die! He then told me to close my eyes and tell him what I saw. I mumbled... its dark dad, I wasn't in the mood for games, or being talkitive, then I smelt it, coco butter! With my eyes shut, I now saw the beach, the sun, the ocean, tanned woman in scantily clad swim suits I could hear the sound of sea gulls. Ahhh.... I wasn't in the hospital anymore was I? The pain wasn't so bad all of a sudden. My mind was off the topic of suffering. I thanked him, he kissed my forehead and drifted back off to sleep.

I never forgot what dad did for me that day, when I had the chance I asked him how he knew what to do? He told me, "storming a beach in 1944, D-day, Normandy, I had a small flask of maple syrup my mom had sent me, when we got pinned down I opened that flask to smell that syrup and I just knew everything would be ok". Dad recieved the first of his three purple hearts on the beach that day.

TK is going to have to find his scentand seek comfort when he's feeling depressed. He'll get through the then and now and wake up to the tomorrow and boy am I glad I did.

·
Registered
2002 SLK32 AMG, 2006 CLS55 AMG
109 Posts
Boy, you guys are good for the old soul.

TK, I understand how you are feeling, and it seems your sense of humor is gone, been there too. No matter how helpful people try to be to you, it just doesn't come across the way they intended. Your mental state is like a bruise, it is tender & just wants to be left alone.

I've been through 2 divorces myself, and even the 2nd time I had major issues dealing with it. The only thing I can add to the others is that the sun will shine again, and tomorrow is another day. After my 2nd divorce, I never thought I would ever find another to love me. It came after a few years, in fact, it was a real fantasy come true. I once told my daughter the next woman would have to make me trip over her before I would try another relationship. Well, she almost did, I was asked out by a woman 30 years my junior (and no, she wasn't in grade school). We ended up living together 2 years, not married, but living like it (1st time for me). Even though that relationship ended, I'm still happy I had that time with her.

A little advice, break up your days into small successes. Do something nice for yourself, spoil yourself. Remember, you don't need anyones approval to do whatever the heck you want to do. That is a very powerful gift that many of your old married friends wish they had.

One other item, I believe in hibernation. Sometimes it is good just to stay by yourself & just relax, get some rest, dream alot, tune out and that will recharge your batteries.
[^]

·
Registered
99 E300TD/02 SLK230K
152 Posts
Some uplifting replies. TK, hang in. Half of America has to go through with this shit. You're not alone.

John- man, you've got some cajones to go through such a life. Good luck.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts