Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
658 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2006 Victory Kingpin that is another hobby/toy that I enjoy to ride in the good weather. I love the bike. I appreciate riding, as it is something that I do with absolutely no distractions. I always ride solo on the bike, and usually take local trips to clear my mind. This season, I put on about 1700 miles, which is slightly less than average. The summer went really fast, as I was busy with work and was not be able to take as much time off to do the things I like to do as I would have liked to.
Anyways, I have customized the bike somewhat, with an S&S intake and RPW True Dual exhaust, custom paint, seat, and some other mods that I did over the past two years. I am planning to take it apart again this winter, take some pieces off and put it back together.
I'm now planning to take the 20 mile drive to put the bike away at my garage tomorrow (Sun). That's a drive I like to take really slow.
Here's her picture...

She's 100 ci, 6 speed, softail style, very comfy and easy to drive for a big bike. And she's both quick and fast. :cool:

Attachments

·
Registered
5,599 Posts
There's nothing like a nice motorcycle. So much more enjoyable to play with than any car, IMHO. The plunging temps around here sure do put a damper on things though, don't they?

Nice bike. Have fun reinventing it this winter!

·
Registered
658 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks Guys!
That's the thing about bikes...you can really change them if you get creative.
I have a few things in mind, mostly stripping the bike down even more than it is now.
This bike started out as a 'touring' model with oversized fairing, lowers and bags.
It has been stripped down some, lowered and accessorized somewhat.
But there is no end to it!

·
Registered
406 Posts
I'm a biker too. I have the Ducati 1098 shown in my avatar with a few mods made after that picture. I also have a 2003 Valkyrie.

I haven't ridden much this year since I've been playing with the 560 so much lately. It was also miserably hot most of this summer. We get a few winter days warm enough to ride, so I usually don't do a full winterization.

·
Registered
658 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
XXTi,
I'm a big fan of the Ducati's. I have some seat time on a buddie's monster. Great bike!

Seems we have similar taste is sl's, as well.

Have fun, ride safe!

·
Registered
40 Posts
mbsins - Those old naked Goldwings are cool! Other riders, me too! I got the 380 for when it's too chilly to ride the Ultra Classic with my wife. For solo trips a 73 R60/5 and a 2002 XL883. Perfect for here in the mountains. Hope I can meet some of you guys up here on the Parkway when it warms up! THANKS - Stan

·
Registered
652 Posts
If I had a bike, I'd like one like this:

More here.

Don't mean to hijack the thread, just wanted to engage in a little wishful thinking.

·
Registered
509 Posts
Nice Victory..... I's simply suggest a fuel stabalizer and a battery tender.

·
Registered
3,407 Posts
Hola Smatta, my last ticket was the last. Three misdemeanors, I was looking at 30 days in jail, it was pretty bad. Reckless Driving, Evading Capture, Exhibitionist Speeding. THen I went on a job, missed the court date and went back to FL to find there was a $10k Warrant on me. Haha, so no more go fast machines from me.

I like the Victory, back when I was riding, they were always tabbed as the best handling of the cruisers. I just took a new look at their site, nice!

·
Registered
406 Posts
XXTi,
I'm a big fan of the Ducati's. I have some seat time on a buddie's monster. Great bike!

Seems we have similar taste is sl's, as well.

Have fun, ride safe!
Thanks Smatta. I fell in love with the 1098 the moment I heard one run. I was in line in 2007, but couldn't get one until 2008. I've done quite a bit to the suspension and set up on my Duc. I have aftermarket Ohlins (803 forks and a TTX rear shock) on both ends and a Kyle 30mm offset triple clamp. They completely transformed the bike. I've ridden motorcycles all my life, but I've never ridden anything like the 1098. It's such a powerful and balanced bike.

My last superbike was a 2000 Honda CBR1100XX in Titanium color. (Thus the name XXTi). That was a great and powerful bike in its own way, but it was nothing like the Duc.

I guess we may have similar tastes in vehicles.

·
Registered
658 Posts
Discussion Starter #18 (Edited)
XXTi-
That sounds like one helluva bike! I love that stuff. My first ride on the Monster I was really carving it up, bike in balance, the whole nines. I try coming to a quick stop, touch the front brake while trailing the rear, and the rear wheel goes a foot in the air. Nearly faceplanted. Touchy front brake and all your weight is up front. Thought i was going over. After that, I was careful with the front brake, but I could get that thing screaming! Love the Ducati. I think they make the best motor, and I've driven them all.

Mick-
Sorry to hear about your lil run-in with the law. I totally understand. I still have to be careful about speed and such, even at my age. I really like the Vic. She drove great today, and it was beautiful around here. I managed to get a double-dip taking the Benz out for a sunset cruise after putting the bike away.

I had a nice lil ride in the Benz today, first one since having the wheels aligned. She drove great! Strong, straight, steady, solid, sounds great with the new Alpine, and I took a couple pics at sunset over at Magnolia Harbor overlooking Coolidge Point.
Here's the one I liked best, sorry about the poor quality but iPhone into the sunset doesn't always work

Attachments

1 - 18 of 18 Posts