Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2020 MB GLE 450 4MATIC, 2015 BMW M4
2,117 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I visit 6 or so automotive forums regularly, and this one is by far the slowest. It is far slower than any I have experienced. Could we like take up a pool for some new servers, or something?

·
Registered
ML550, W212 E350 4 matic, 1966 Corvette C2 convt.
2,675 Posts
Agreed, and in the last few weeks there have been numerous times I could not even get on due to timeouts. I use a T1 line in my office and a cable connection at home. This has been a problem, on and off with this forum as long as I can remember.

·
Registered
ML 320 + M330ci Conv
76 Posts
I agree, I am on a cable connection and at times the homepage loads at speeds slower than a dial-up connection.

·
Registered
2013 ML-63 AMG, 2010 C350 4matic
221 Posts
I have a DSL connection of 2.5Mbits/s. During my daily visit to this forum I have never experienced a slow down. The page downloads within a second.

·
Registered
Mercedes "M32"
961 Posts
WOW .. I thought I was alone on this. I would not mind donating a few bucks to the cause !!

·
Registered
2020 MB GLE 450 4MATIC, 2015 BMW M4
2,117 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
dakat - 4/17/2005 10:02 PM

Ditto on the DSL. No problems here!! [8D]
It's really variable--this morning it is very fast. But I have 4 mbps cable at home an T1 at the office, and either location it can slow toa crawl (45 sec loads or timeout) when other sites are working fine.

·
'00 ML320 Elegance
8,965 Posts
Guys, there was a problem with our T1 line's service provider (AT&T). Frank was aware of this and evidently a fix has been in place.

Personally the site loads quite quickly for me, except of course when I'm on my hiptop2 (Sidekick2 for those of you in the US). Of course, there are also peak times, such as the early morning, noon Pacific Std time, or the evening, where we get much more traffic.

·
Registered
350 SLK
1,528 Posts
Also, for those of you at work, it seems a firewall can really slow things down depending on how it is configured.

I have DSL at home and a firewall but the forum loads quickly there. However, at work with a T1 line and firewall it is as slow as molasses. IS tells me it is probably because there firewall settings are very restrictive.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts