Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1987 MB 560sl, Champagne/Burgundy, 83K miles, decent shape
658 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I attended a 'real' classic car show yesterday in neighboring Beverly, MA.
I was very impressed with some of the cars that were presented. Some very rare cars. Of note were a beautiful '56 Benz 300sl convertible, black with new red leather interior. My choice for the show would have to be the Delahaye convertible.

I attend a weekly car show locally. Many of the cars are drivers, not real show cars like the ones I saw at Beverly yesterday. HUGE difference!

Enjoy...

Attachments

·
Registered
658 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
some more from the show

note: the 1930 Ford was a driver entered in the driver's show at the same event, where there were at least 4 107's, one of which was the twin to mine. cool. I enjoyed the show, looking at all the different cars (about 60 collectible cars, another 35 or so drivers). Left the wife and kids at home....good idea!

Attachments

·
Registered
658 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Just wanted to add that I was so impressed by the Delahaye that I did a search online last night, and found a company that makes reproduction Delahaye's out of fiberglass, and provides custom framing options, as well as a whole bunch of other options. You can get the kit with all the stuff for about $25k. You would still need running gear (engine and trans) and assembly, but a nice price for a beautiful car, I'd say.

Not that I ever would have enough time or money for that! It just makes having the 107 more practical!

·
Registered
1989 560 SL - Signal Red & Palomino; 2011 C-300 - Black on Black 4MATIC
1,153 Posts
Smattahead, thanks for posting, glad the weather cooperated enough to allow the show to go on. Nice pics!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts