Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2004 G500 (gone)
1,100 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It looks like the CEO/owner of freightliner has been made the Chief Operating Officer of the Mercedes Car group.

http://www.daimlerchrysler.com/dccom/0,,0-5-7153-1-479748-1-0-0-0-0-0-30-7145-0-0-0-0-0-0-0,00.html

DC website -

"Rainer E. Schmueckle (45), previously Head of Business Unit Trucks NAFTA (Freightliner, Sterling, Thomas Built Buses) within the Commercial Vehicles Division as well as President and Chief Executive Officer of the wholly-owned DaimlerChrysler subsidiary Freightliner LLC based in Portland, Oregon, has been made Chief Operating Officer of the Mercedes Car Group, effective as of April 15, 2005.

In this position he will be responsible for the functional divisions of production, procurement and information technology within the Mercedes Car Group. An important aspect of the CORE mobilization program is the consis-tent implementation of measures designed to return the Mercedes Car Group to an operating margin of 7%. As part of his new function, Schmueckle will therefore oversee the thorough implementation of these measures as part of the CORE program. Schmueckle has often demonstrated his competence in implementing such programs in the past."

I'm very curious to see what changes he'll bring alone (especially with our G).

·
Registered
1980 LWB 280GE
3,504 Posts
Nothing good.

BrentG500 - 4/4/2005 7:59 PM
It looks like the CEO/owner of freightliner has been made the Chief Operating Officer of the Mercedes Car group......I'm very curious to see what changes he'll bring alone (especially with our G).
Even in the blurb they told you what he's going to do:

"...An important aspect of the CORE mobilization program is the consis-tent implementation of measures designed to return the Mercedes Car Group to an operating margin of 7%..."

His job is to drive the division to make more profit on each vehicle.

Not exactly a return to the motivations that bred the original success.

-Dave G.

·
Registered
2004 G500 (gone)
1,100 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Dave, you're absolutly right. I was thinking that perhaps (by a long shot) he would move the civilian W463 G-class to Freightliner. But then again why would he? The G is too expensive for Mercedes to continue producing for civilians.

I guess it's just a matter of time before he decides to axe the W463. He should probably also axe the SL65 (among the other unnecessary, overpriced models) with it's whopping $200K sticker price.

·
Registered
02 G500
2,254 Posts
i dont think the G's are to far out of price. Granted $80 or $110 K is a lot of money but when you look at touregs going for $50-75K (diesel) all the rovers, gmc denali are getting close to $60k now and the ford excursion is on the $60K mark aswell.

Just depens on what suv you are talking about....

Also people out there blow money. I read some place MB has sold almost ever SL55, SL65 they have made... and lets not forget the maybach and the SLR mclaren.. everyone needs a $700k car.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts