Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2000 ML430
657 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well... My family is getting bigger and we need more spece than the ML has... I am researching the 2005 Lincoln Navigator Ultimate??? I looked at one up close, and I love the looks... very roomy, plush, luxurious, and power everything.... This thing even has power running boards that extend and retract when the passenger doors are opened and closed. I did not test drive one yet... Anybody has any experience with the 2004 or 2005 Navigator Ultimatate???

·
Registered
99ML320 (retired) C230 530xi 911-C4
2,229 Posts
00 ML430 Bulldog - 2/28/2005 6:52 PM

Well... My family is getting bigger and we need more spece than the ML has... I am researching the 2005 Lincoln Navigator Ultimate??? I looked at one up close, and I love the looks... very roomy, plush, luxurious, and power everything.... This thing even has power running boards that extend and retract when the passenger doors are opened and closed. I did not test drive one yet... Anybody has any experience with the 2004 or 2005 Navigator Ultimatate???

http://research.cars.com/go/crp/safety.jsp?makeid=28&modelid=266&year=2004&myid=&acode=&crpPage=reviews.jsp&gotopage=safety.jsp&aff=national

·
Registered
2000 ML320 1987 560SL
231 Posts
Have you looked at residuals? Supposedly one of the worst SUV's of all. The lease on a Land Cruiser might be cheaper even though the truck is more expensive. Cost of ownership over 4 years might be the same or better with the LC.

·
Registered
2000 ML430
657 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
ccweems - 2/28/2005 6:57 PM

Have you looked at residuals? Supposedly one of the worst SUV's of all. The lease on a Land Cruiser might be cheaper even though the truck is more expensive. Cost of ownership over 4 years might be the same or better with the LC.
I am used to that, I tried to sell my 2000 ML430 and the dealer offered $8K.... It can't be as bad as the ML??? [:(]

·
Registered
2000 ML430
657 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Does anyone here own one??I would actually like to here from someone who has real world experience with the Gator. I found a Navigator forum... It is not very active.. but everyone there seem ok with their Navigator...

·
Registered
ML430/ SL500 SA
1,009 Posts
00 ML430 Bulldog - 2/28/2005 6:52 PM

No comment on the Lincoln, but I sure wish Mercedes made something with the capabilities of my Honda Odyssey,

·
Coupe/Convertible Forums Moderator
CURRENT: 2011 SL550 FORMER: C300, ML350, CLK550 Cabriolet, C240, ML320, 300TD
19,982 Posts
As others have mentioned, the Navigator does not hold its value well at all. If I were in the market for one, I’d definitely buy used. You could likely find a very nice one that’s a year or two with about 20K miles for less than half MSRP of a new one. If you want to buy new, you might look at the Infiniti QX56. It seems to be a very nice vehicle and while Infiniti resale values aren’t quite on par with Acura or Lexus, they are much better than Lincoln.

- RODNEY

·
Registered
ML550, W212 E350 4 matic, 1966 Corvette C2 convt.
2,675 Posts
Never owned one but rented one on a business trip in Chicago. It was OK but not great, fairly comfortable, very roomy but handled poorly. Some of the "features" did not work, ie: the running boards and the electric pedal adjustment. Was also evident that the build quality was not great, I would rate it as slightly below average. Fit and finish was poor. Gas mileage was terrible around 8 which included some city and some highway driving. Sound system sucked. Lots of wind noise in the cabin Its a typical American SUV. I would most likely go for a Tahoe or Suburban if I were in the market for one

·
Registered
2000 ML430
657 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
sosh - 3/1/2005 12:50 PM

Never owned one but rented one on a business trip in Chicago. It was OK but not great, fairly comfortable, very roomy but handled poorly. Some of the "features" did not work, ie: the running boards and the electric pedal adjustment. Was also evident that the build quality was not great, I would rate it as slightly below average. Fit and finish was poor. Gas mileage was terrible around 8 which included some city and some highway driving. Sound system sucked. Lots of wind noise in the cabin Its a typical American SUV. I would most likely go for a Tahoe or Suburban if I were in the market for one
Do you recall what year vehicle it was.. You rented??

1 - 9 of 9 Posts