Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
2002 ML 500, 1994 Ford Explorer donated to Doctors without Borders
2,126 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I apologize if this has been posted in the 164 forum already. It's not a 163, but I thought it was interesting, especially the part where the engineers type in a code to completely disable ESP.

ML63 Video

·
Premium Member
05 500
6,484 Posts
Bogie said:
I apologize if this has been posted in the 164 forum already. It's not a 163, but I thought it was interesting, especially the part where the engineers type in a code to completely disable ESP.

ML63 Video
You don't have to apologize for showing a nice video of my truck here. Compliments well appreciated. Oh! What a ride!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
2004 CL55
1,525 Posts
Darkmann said:
You don't have to apologize for showing a nice video of my truck here. Compliments well appreciated. Oh! What a ride!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Darkmann, do you already own one?! my congratulations ;)

·
Premium Member
05 500
6,484 Posts
CAHEK said:
Darkmann, do you already own one?! my congratulations ;)
Ha!Ha!!Ha!!!, LoL, Man I wish. I have thought many times that the only replacement option for my 500 is a 63. But, I have not been able yet to find any sensible reason to get rid of the 500!!!!! Besides, I lived with a W164 350 for a week at one time and have driven them loaded several times. I really am not sold - that steering wheel shifter and the center console bars have to go!!!!! I'm sure the AMG tranny isn't as finicky as the 350 I lived with, but, WOW, the 63 is really a machine in a class of its own.

·
Registered
2004 CL55
1,525 Posts
interesting, why MB engineers didn't implement 6.3L in V12, but used a V8 crate instead? 6L V12 would make more sense and would produce a lot more hp imo.. or am i wrong here?

edit: just read about the 6.0L 612 hp V12 twin turbo motor that they use in S65.. would be nice to see on in W164. in takes 4.2 sec for S65 to reach 60 mph. sweet..

·
Premium Member
05 500
6,484 Posts
Funny, I was just reading again, for the second time today a similar article about the CL600 - 500hp, 612ft-lb; that's some pull. You were probably reading same article - C&D, June 07 edition. At 5,853lb and 12 C&D observed MPG, it's a toss-up. However, in the $150,000+ league MPG is the least of worries. Yes, it'd be awesome in a 63 (or any car for that!!!). I'm not sure though that the W163 platform will support the xtra hardware required for the additional two xtra cylinders/bank. Me too will like to hear from others expert in automotive design technology.

·
Registered
11,243 Posts
The new 6.2L engine is ALL AMG, unlike the old 55K engines which were MB engines modified and F/I'd.

AMG was really proud when they designed, engineered, and produced their very own engine for the AMG lineup. That and they claim it's the most powerful naturally aspirated V8 engine on the market today.

·
Registered
2002 ML 500, 1994 Ford Explorer donated to Doctors without Borders
2,126 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Cool! Good to know! Does force induction imply turbo/super charging or normal aspiration?

·
Registered
11,243 Posts
Bogie said:
Cool! Good to know! Does force induction imply turbo/super charging or normal aspiration?
Forced induction refers to turbochargers (exhaust driven) and superchargers (forces air).

I love the concept of a high-revving engine. That and I like the noise. The linear qualities of an N/A engine is perfect for track racing, but F/I still rules the drags.

·
Registered
ML320,C230, F250, Bayliner, Mountain Bike, Fleetwood Motorhome etc...
1,836 Posts
Man I want that one... I wish I had that much power in my ML. Very awesome to see it driving sideways, like I used to do in my Alfa Romeo GTV... When it wasn't broke down...

·
Registered
2002 ML 320, 2004 Audi Avant A4
212 Posts
Sweet ride!

·
Registered
11,243 Posts
sin0822 said:
i bet its most liekley a setting in there computers, somthing liek a dyno mode
Dyno mode is for the newer models with an MFD and steering wheel controls (basically all of them now).

1 - 19 of 19 Posts