Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
SLK 320
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, having been a spectator of the lexus IS forum for the past few months, I must admit I really appreciate how informative and supportive our forum is. Unlike those Lex rats, our members are generally mature and have a great sense of humor.

You all will be missed when I trade in my SLK for the IS.

(Seriously having second thought now... sigh)

·
Registered
11,243 Posts
The IS forums are generally full of young adults that have no respect for other members. But that's not to say that all IS owners are that way.

·
Registered
2001 SLK320, 2001 C320
2,267 Posts
YOU'RE TRADING YOUR SLK FOR AN IS???

You very, very crazy person... [:p]

·
Registered
01 SLK 320 MT6
4,477 Posts
Just one thing - try to knock on SLK door with your fingers. Now do the same to Lexus. Do you want to drive a car with sheet metal thickness of a can of soup ?

·
Registered
2002 SLK 32 AMG, bone stock. 1987 190E 2.3-16 valve (destroyed). 2005 E320 new toy.
14,926 Posts
I hear what you are saying Kirill, and you know I love my SLK, BUT.... [:D] Try and see what our doors sound like with the sound deadening removed ..[;)] it ain't pretty. The main advantage that "we" have is the engineering that went into the doors, not nesseccerily what the thickness of the material is.

·
Registered
SLK200 '97 nov
478 Posts
i think the main comment was that this is a great forum. and i totally AGREE! you know, i had been able to give information to my dealers who do not even know! so to all guys out there that have contributed to this forum! THANKS!!

·
Registered
01 SLK 320 MT6
4,477 Posts
Bruce it is sheet metal as well. All Japanese trying to save the metal, the steel thickness is way less than American or German cars. I know it's for the good cause, but so as plastic saturns.

·
Registered
99 230slk
281 Posts
This is a great forum, full of people who have a genuine love for their cars, modding their cars and generally solving problems for others in a freindly way. Unlike the largest uk mb forum which is full of folks who love to brag about how much their cars cost, how much better their cars (and themselves) are compared to everyone elses and who are too busy back-slapping themselves for having reached that 'level' in life to help anyone else out!! I guess mb drivers are not the same the world over.. [:)]

·
Registered
SLK 320
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
yah I must be crazy (but have no choice), I'll head out to the garage and do my "open/close door" drill, because I'll sure miss the sound of it.

just to show you what kind of abuse I was getting from the IS forum, here's one of many informative replies to my question about the new Camery and IS:

LexIShirm300
my.IS Supporter

LexIShirm300 is an elite community member

the SLK is a womans car, I hope you are a woman.

·
Registered
2006 SLK-55 AMG
737 Posts
TopDownSLK - 4/15/2006 3:54 PM

yah I must be crazy (but have no choice), I'll head out to the garage and do my "open/close door" drill, because I'll sure miss the sound of it.

just to show you what kind of abuse I was getting from the IS forum, here's one of many informative replies to my question about the new Camery and IS:

LexIShirm300
my.IS Supporter

LexIShirm300 is an elite community member

·
Registered
C2D SLK32K
514 Posts
TopDownSLK - 4/15/2006 3:54 PM

A womans car huh???

Don't even get me started.....lol

1 - 12 of 12 Posts