Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Outstanding Contributor
1990 500SL, 1986 500SEC
1,799 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Agreed. I think the first picture is a more modern version. I should actually just delete it because the second pic is the one that really got me going.

·
Registered
'89 420SEL, '93 300E and '07 Hyu Santa Fe
562 Posts
But does it come with Brake override system and floor mats secured properly? After all it's Toyo ;-))

·
Registered
1985 500sel and 500sec 2012 E63 1989 Porsche 911
5,344 Posts
what was it called, cressida limo?

·
Registered
78 280S, 81 300SD, 82 300D, 92 300E 2.6, 90 260SE, 94 S280, 10 E300,
900 Posts
what was it called, cressida limo?
Its called the Toyota Century, its the top dog model Toyota, costs something like $100k and I think its only available in Japan.

·
Registered
'82 500sec euro, '95 Ford F150
1,584 Posts
I never understood the idea of placing the rear view mirror all the way forward on the front fender on japanese market cars. How the F do you see anything in a mirror that is so far away??
That Toyo looks kinda cool tho. maybe....

·
Registered
Euro 1985 500SEL
1,498 Posts
Wow..I was really surprised how much I didn't like this car..especially since I like the way the Lexus LS looks..but this thing didn't look "lexusy" at all..it looked like a bad copy of a cross between a W126 and a 90's RR Silver Spur. There is a side shot of the car on that webpage that looks like an identical copy of a W126. And the interior looks downright cheap, even with all that red wood..the plastic just looks low grade. And the rear is downright ugly.

I wouldn't touch one of these when there are much better looking Lexus LS's around, if I were to go the jap route in cars.

·
SuperModerator
1986/1990 W126
14,158 Posts
I never understood the idea of placing the rear view mirror all the way forward on the front fender on japanese market cars. How the F do you see anything in a mirror that is so far away??
Didnt all mirrors use to be there? They were over here anyway. Glad thats changed, its rubbish. A couple of the old chauffeur cars i drive like the Daimler etc have mirrors there and its a challenge...

·
Registered
1990 Euro 560SEL
433 Posts
Toyota Century

For some reason the second one looks better?
The first one is the current generation of the Century, the second one is from the previous generation.

However, given the second car bears the Emperial seal as its license plate, this would have been one of the custom Emperial household limo, if not the Emperor's personal ride. However, without seeing its side it is hard to tell.

·
Registered
1990 300SE
275 Posts
That Toyo looks kinda cool tho. maybe....
Actually they're incredibly useful. Fender mirrors almost effectively remove blind spots next to you. :)

·
Outstanding Contributor
1990 500SL, 1986 500SEC
1,799 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Wow..I was really surprised how much I didn't like this car..especially since I like the way the Lexus LS looks..but this thing didn't look "lexusy" at all..it looked like a bad copy of a cross between a W126 and a 90's RR Silver Spur. There is a side shot of the car on that webpage that looks like an identical copy of a W126. And the interior looks downright cheap, even with all that red wood..the plastic just looks low grade. And the rear is downright ugly.

I wouldn't touch one of these when there are much better looking Lexus LS's around, if I were to go the jap route in cars.

Yeah it's so " 1980s Japanese Econobox interior with a wood kit" in there

Easy fellas. The first time I sat in a 560SEL I was deeply disappointed. I would have bet my life that the seats were pleather and the wood was fake as could be. Beyond that I would have expected in a car that cost over $100,000 in today's dollars to have had wool carpets and not synthetic.

I did however come to senses and absolutely love the W126 now. I would still take a Toyota Century though.

·
Premium Member
1991 560SEC / 2013 GL550
1,391 Posts
Easy fellas. The first time I sat in a 560SEL I was deeply disappointed. I would have bet my life that the seats were pleather and the wood was fake as could be. Beyond that I would have expected in a car that cost over $100,000 in today's dollars to have had wool carpets and not synthetic.

I did however come to senses and absolutely love the W126 now. I would still take a Toyota Century though.
People are entitled to their opinions. You posted about the car to get feedback. I think that car looks like sh*t.

I'm obviously a MB "fan boy", but I think it's because MB makes great cars. If a W126 hit that car you posted head on, it would eat that Toyota alive.

Lots of people don't like MB cars because they say they're for old people or that BMW has better performance. Never heard anyone say the seats looked cheap? To each his own

·
Outstanding Contributor
1990 500SL, 1986 500SEC
1,799 Posts
Discussion Starter #17 (Edited)
People are entitled to their opinions. You posted about the car to get feedback. I think that car looks like sh*t.

I'm obviously a MB "fan boy", but I think it's because MB makes great cars. If a W126 hit that car you posted head on, it would eat that Toyota alive.

Lots of people don't like MB cars because they say they're for old people or that BMW has better performance. Never heard anyone say the seats looked cheap? To each his own

Nope. Never asked for a anyone's feedback. :confused:

People are entitled to their opinions, hence mine in that this Toyota is awesome, MB leather seats look and feel fake and yours that a W126 hitting this head on would "eat it alive".

I know what you posit is an opinion because I am sure this has never happened and there is most likely no empirical data to support it. :thumbsup:

·
Premium Member
1991 560SEC / 2013 GL550
1,391 Posts
Nope. Never asked for a anyone's feedback. :confused:
So if you didn't want feedback, why did you post it? I didn't say you asked for people's opinions... I said you posted it about this because you wanted feedback. If you want people to just drool or agree with you, go to a Toyota forum

1 - 19 of 19 Posts