Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

OT: Grand Turismo 4

1K views 16 replies 11 participants last post by  DEATHERAGE 
#1 ·
I stopped by a friends house the other day to borrow a couple of CD's and DVD's. While over there he pulled out GT4 and we played a couple of games.

What a huge dissapointment. The PS2 appears to have hit the limits of video capabilities. There is a ton of flickering, pixelating, etc. during the game. It was very distracting. We were playing the game in 1080i which he told me looked worse at lower resolutions.

#2 ·
Through the many hours I've played, I've never experienced any flickering or things of the sort. Maybe bad cables....get those can make a really big difference in video game systems. The difference between RCA and S-video is noticeable.

#4 ·
I don't know. It is a friends TV so I can't speak as knowledgeably about it as I would my own TV. It is a nice 65" HDTV, he normally runs good stuff and the best choice of connections. This is the only game the problems are noticed on. No issues with GT3, Burn Out 3, etc.

#10 ·
slkpwr - 3/5/2005 10:56 AM

Halo 2 kicks ass... Xbox has better graphics than PS2 but PS2 have more game selections... if only GT4 came out on Xbox that would be awesome!
Yeah...none of the consoles have it down quite right....I prefer gamecube for classics such as mario kart and super smash brothers...so much fun. But I'm still in college, so 16 player halo games go down every night..sooo much fun! Headlong team slayer is amazing! Or the classic CTF on Coagulation.

#13 ·
Yeah...none of the consoles have it down quite right....I prefer gamecube for classics such as mario kart and super smash brothers...so much fun. But I'm still in college, so 16 player halo games go down every night..sooo much fun! Headlong team slayer is amazing! Or the classic CTF on Coagulation.
MARIO KART !! I love this game !! Mario Tennis is also great !

#14 ·
BlueBenz - 3/7/2005 7:31 AM

Yeah those are the kind of games that never get old...yeah, and the mario tennis for N64 is WAAAAYYYY better than the new one for gamecube. And the new starfox is a disappointment.

#15 ·
DA_SURG - 3/7/2005 1:44 PM

BlueBenz - 3/7/2005 7:31 AM

Yeah those are the kind of games that never get old...yeah, and the mario tennis for N64 is WAAAAYYYY better than the new one for gamecube. And the new starfox is a disappointment.
Nintendo screwed up twice. They made the interface for the N64 so complicated that either game vendors abandoned it or didn't program to the abilities of the machine (Nintendo published games were the only games worth buying). Then they dumbed down the programming interface to help the game manufacturers. It shows.

I prefer the XBox for its graphics (native 1080i) and sound (DTS5.1 and DD5.1). I have a 92" rear projection TV. If there are any flaws in the graphics, you will see it there. Halo 2 is flawless. I have had a PS2 hooked up to my projector. The same game was a bit more choppy and pixelated (Tony Hawk Underground). The PS3 and XBox 2 coming out soon...

#17 ·
I dont have a ps2 but I heard good reviews about GT4. I hacked my xbox and do all kinds of neat stuff with it. Hopefully they will make a ps2 emulator soon.

I have a 54" HDTV 1080i and I cannot play Light Gun games. Kinda sucks.

I have strayed away from consoles lately been back into the Counter-Strike Source game. I am in a clan ect... lan parties.

My friends play WoW and there about to lose there girlfriends because its like crack. I refuse to get sucked into to an Evercrack kind of game like that because I know i would be a lot worse and might not eat for weeks at a time or shower.

--he he Deathy

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.