Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
05 500
6,512 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just purchased one today and can't wait to test drive the thing. What's your opinion on this detector. I know all V1 users think V1 is the greatest thing since whenever, but I'm thinking this is better. I still have my 8500 X50 Blue that has saved me more times than I can count, and wondering whether to sell or keep. Why would I need two detectors?

·
Registered
2010 ML350 Bluetec
519 Posts
I've been a Bel/Passport lover for at least a decade but anyway I keep my old Passport 8500 in the glove box of my ml. I never use it these days. My car is equipped with the old K40 remote radar/laser unit however I hardly get much use from it either since I do most of my speeding on back roads these days.

Just purchased one today and can't wait to test drive the thing. What's your opinion on this detector. I know all V1 users think V1 is the greatest thing since whenever, but I'm thinking this is better. I still have my 8500 X50 Blue that has saved me more times than I can count, and wondering whether to sell or keep. Why would I need two detectors?

·
Registered
03 ML350
245 Posts
I recently bought the similar Bel GX65. If you want to use it on your regular commute GPS filtering is the only way to go. Blocking out all the known radar sources along your known routes actually makes a detector useful. Otherwise, you get too used to hearing it go off all the time and don't react. I had a cheap Cobra but didn't use it because of that.

·
Registered
1999 ML320 Elegance, BMW R1150RT, SAAB 9-3
282 Posts
heavy fine and confiscation if found with one here (Ontario & most of the rest of Canada). dont have to be using it for the 1000$ fine to apply (i.e it can be turned off and in the trunk in a box and you would still be guilty. of course they are not so likely to find a detector is such a case. what normally happens is they use their detector detectors to detect your detector and your "extreme lawlessness".
apparently the cops like to drive over your detector when then find it on the spot and destroy them with the squad car for extra heavy handed police state delight. its not about safe driving it about revenue.

·
Registered
2007 BMW X3
472 Posts
Priorities are screwed up. Tickets are a big revenue for Police. Hopefully Canada still has gun control, or do they???? It's the wild west over here in the US.

Don't worry, if Palin becomes president, I will be a Canadian resident. :)

Sorry for the rant...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts