Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
E46 M3 Cab, MKV GTI, NCP91 Yaris
649 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Been a while since I posted here hehe. For those that remember me, you'd probably remember that I'm quite the track whore. Well, I ended up instructing a bunch of exotics owners on the weekend, pulled some strings, and got assigned to a few cool cars.

One of the sessions I worked with the owner of a 06 E55 wagon. I got a chance to drive it for about 5 laps, pretty darn cool for a station wagon. Passing Ferraris in it was priceless haha. I guess my teaching was pretty good, the owner who had no track instruction was passing 360's and 430's and laughing his ass off by the end of my time with him. Had to end his session a bit early when the brake overheat warning popped up.

At the end of the day, I spent about 30 laps driving the SLR. That car is on a whole different level than any of the AMG's I've driven. Took about 5 laps to get comfy with the car before pushing 8/10ths laps. Didn't go any harder, well, it's a half million $ car and it wasn't mine. Anyways, here's the writeup:

rage2’s ramblings » Blog Archive » A taste of the SLR McLaren

I had to pull some strings to get assigned to the SLR, but it was worth it. It's in my writeup, pretty funny stuff haha. The best part was on track with Ford GT, which I easily pulled away from. Didn't get a chance to see how it would run with the Carerra GT or the Ferrari 599.

Since I was busy instructing and driving, I didn't get many pictures, but I'll get more pics once the other guys with cameras start posting pics.

·
Registered
2001 SLK 320
1,248 Posts
Dude with those blood shot eyes you need to get some sleep. But after driving that car I couldnt imagine I would get much either..

That car is sweet but I honestly would kill to get behind the wheel of one of those Ford GT's

·
Registered
649 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
haha actually, I've been sick for the last week and a half with the flu and a bad cough, so I haven't been sleeping much at all.

I've ridden a Ford GT, it just doesn't do it for me hehe.

·
Registered
649 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Some more pix of the car from the event.

·
Registered
649 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The day was setup for exotics owners' who had little or no experience on the track, so small sections were coned off to force the drivers onto the proper line.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts