Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

41 - 47 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
404.1 ragtop Doka
329 Posts
Total Starters: 232; Total Finishers: 126 (54.31 percent)
to finish is supreme!

·
Registered
U1450L DOKA
11,390 Posts
Discussion Starter · #42 ·
A lot of limited cars timed out. There was a huge, two-event bottleneck on an uphill at RaceMile 65-ish. Cars were stacked up for 45 minutes and more, waiting for the broken
Trucks that were blocking the trail to be dragged back down the hill.
There were a cople of more bottlenecks as well, from what I read, so making the checkpoints further down course before their closing time was not possible.

·
Registered
404.1 ragtop Doka
329 Posts
Thanks for all the info Truktor. We would not have known of this landmark entry otherwise.

These are fun family events, we all look forward to it.

Thru the years I have been watching (18 years) it continually changes. With the world wide crash of the economy we lost the Big factory sponsors, then compounded with fear of terrorism and drug cartels many Americans no longer attend. We see race crews leaving the family home and becoming more of a Guy thing, not bad but different. That gap has been mostly been filled by Mexicans as our affluence has risen greatly over that time.

I have seen and driven 95% of the 500 and 1000 courses thru the years in my mog, dune buggy, SUV, etc. It is defiantly gnarly! Each year I scout out and find a new location to watch from. Almost all of the course routes are accessible in a "family car" and many camp over and make it the world's biggest Carne Asada!

·
Registered
404.1 ragtop Doka
329 Posts
DeRooy posted this on Facebook last night:

Update van Corne van Drunen.

Vanmorgen om half acht weg gereden vanuit El Centro , was om kwart over negen al 42 graden , lekker warm met zijn tweeën in een ' Groene oven' hebben nog getankt en weer gas gegeven, zorgen dat we de woestijn uit kwamen maar das niet helemaal gelukt zijn zo'n duizend kilometer verder gekomen, net voor El Paso. In El Paso konden we beter niet gaan slapen werd ons door verschillende mensen verteld omdat het daar niet veilig is, dus we hebben de goede raad maar opgevolgd. Zijn nog even de Wal-Mart geweest en nog wat gaan eten met de auto van de zaak. Hebben weer een hotelletje gevonden om te slapen. Word vervolgd..

This morning at half past seven road from El Centro, was at a quarter past nine all 42 degrees, warm oven for two in a ' green ' still have tanked and gas again, sure we the desert came out but not entirely successful das are about a thousand kilometres further on, just before El Paso. In El Paso, we could not go to sleep better, we were told by different people because it is not safe there, so we have the good advice but succeeded. Are you take Wal-Mart been and still went for dinner with the company car. Have found a hotel to sleep. Word prosecuted.. (Translated by Bing)

·
Registered
'91 U1250 '02 U500NA
3,738 Posts
DeRooy posted this on Facebook last night:

Update van Corne van Drunen.

This morning at half past seven road from El Centro, was at a quarter past nine all 42 degrees, warm oven for two in a ' green ' still have tanked and gas again, sure we the desert came out but not entirely successful das are about a thousand kilometres further on, just before El Paso. In El Paso, we could not go to sleep better, we were told by different people because it is not safe there, so we have the good advice but succeeded. Are you take Wal-Mart been and still went for dinner with the company car. Have found a hotel to sleep. Word prosecuted.. (Translated by Bing)
Uh ha ...:confused:

41 - 47 of 47 Posts