Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Outstanding Contributor , Bob's Your Uncle!
-----'83 280 SL----- 5 speed....The PIG
29,194 Posts
My least favorite car.....but I appreciate good work.
Looks good.
What colour is the interior?

·
Registered
1979 280SL, 1984 280SL
5,635 Posts
Looks good.
Really? Where would, say, an AMC Pacer rank?

Not my favorite 'stang, but a stout V8 would sure help things along. It's always nice to have a project- Have fun with it!

·
29,194 Posts
Really? Where would, say, an AMC Pacer rank?

Not my favorite 'stang, but a stout V8 would sure help things along. It's always nice to have a project- Have fun with it!
You're right.

Edit that.

ONE of my least favorite cars.

·
Registered
1976 450 SL
1,210 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Looks good.
Hey Nobmeister,, you know I have never been a fan of any Ford and a few years ago I wouldnt even think of wanting any Mercedes , unless you gave me one,,so be it. I will nver sell my SL (a gift from my aging Father-inlaw).

As far as the mustang,, I paid $1000. for it 2 yrs. ago. I always wanted a Hugger Orange car.
And nothing like launching this thing and sliding sideways (posi rear),, only has 225 HP. 5 speed,, but the power to weight ratio is well thought out.

What gets me though is parents let teenaged boys have these things ,not very safe in rain or snow,,, or especially "under the influence".

Oh, the interior is Grey. Some friends of mine and I did what little body work was needed and a friend of a friend owns a body /paint shop ,who owed a barter favor let it be painted in his booth.
I'm a member of a local"poor boys car group" , some of the deals get really complicated!! But if you have something to offer that they need ,,,youre in! I do seat/upholstery work.
Yet its a good time!

·
29,194 Posts
As far as the mustang,, I paid $1000. for it 2 yrs. ago. I always wanted a Hugger Orange car.
Can't beat that deal. And I painted my '71 Nova SS Vista Orange....a Ford colour!

I'm a member of a local"poor boys car group" , some of the deals get really complicated!! But if you have something to offer that they need ,,,youre in! I do seat/upholstery work.
Yet its a good time!
I like the idea......good on ya.

·
Registered
1981 380SL - Lorinser bodykit w/16x7 LOs - AKA "Frau Blau"(Lady Blue)
7,563 Posts
Some friends of mine and I did what little body work was needed and a friend of a friend owns a body /paint shop ,who owed a barter favor let it be painted in his booth.
Yet its a good time!
I do the same for friends/neighbors cars repair work.
I'm still working on the barter part with some of my wifey's buddies!:thumbsup::eek::eek::D

1 - 10 of 10 Posts