1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Always Remembered RIP
10,146 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
These Moderator jobs pay well.:D:D

2008 Subaru Outback, Newport Blue Pearl/Quartz Silver Metallic

First new car I ever bought for MYSELF. :) March 6, 2008

Gold Rush Subaru, Auburn, California did the deal. They sell a lot of them around here, because of the snow in the Sierra Nevada Foothills. That is why I bought it, because of the snow.

No freaking way a lowered 560SEC can get through the snow like one of these.

I traded in the old 1995 Subaru Outback that is seen behind the new car.
This was the first time I ever traded in a car. It is so easy, but you get the wholesale price.

It was a good car with 123k, on it, I detailed it out first. They said they will sell it on their used car lot, as there is a high demand for really nice used older ones.

·
66,897 Posts
Glad you didn't sell the 560 otherwise I would have responded to this post in an OT fashion

·
Registered
262 Posts
NOW WE ARE AWAITING THE PICTURES .......of the newly painted 560 SEC.
Nice new car BTW!

Just make sure they BOTH can fit in the garage!
No more letting the SEC sit out in inclement weather.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Great looking car! Good move! I understand these are great cars. Also waiting to see the new SEC paint work.

·
Registered
4,435 Posts
Bring it to Vegas - we'll lower it, put on some wider tires/rims, Euro headlights, and a nice Remus exhaust system. Bet we could even paint the lower plastic panels body color too!!

\\whispering: an LS1 will make it go REAL fast!!

Nice car/truck thing that does look perfect for the snow. I will offer to store your SEC in a heated garage out of the cold weather, even can put some very easy miles on it so it stays fresh!! :)

·
Registered
8,006 Posts
Congrats cascade! A friend of work had one as a rental and I checked it out. Subies are actually well-apportioned and drive well.

Back in high school (in Truckee) being that we were part of the snow culture I was intrigued by the older 80's Subaru's and their video game inspired digital instrument clusters. I even went to that same dealership in Auburn and test drove a XT back in 1990.

Did you get a chance to test drive an Outback with the 243-hp turbo four?

·
Registered
2,051 Posts
Hmmmm - just a bad bad question...

How much of its worths lost ur car, when u shaked hands with the dealer? :D:D:D

Roland,

who will never buy a new car...

·
Registered
231 Posts
@ Roland:
That's a surprising thing about Subaru cars. In the right market area(where they're popular due to the environment causing a need for their AWD, typically) they tend to hold their value extremely well.

When my Subaru was totaled, they ended up paying me $5k over what I owed, just due to the value having not dropped all that far in the 3 years that I'd had it. Admittedly, I was still out ~$9k between what I paid, but I figured that it was cheap rent on a hot car for 3 years and almost 50k miles.

I've seen much worse depreciation on other makes, so I don't know what causes the Subaru's to hold so well.

·
Always Remembered RIP
10,146 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
I just got my very first digi cam!!! More pic's

After this, there is a chance my posts will be a LOT more "illustrated"

Really, my garage NEVER looked this good.....

One for fun. One for the snow.:):)

Old and new: A 1991 Mercedes 560SEC meets a 2008 Subaru Outback.

·
Registered
4,435 Posts
Fun Garage!

How about this for a fun garage!!

Don't miss the shiny LS6 in the back by the door. It's not as "fast" as your garage ..... but it's going to be!

Attachments

·
CH4S Admin , Outstanding Contributor
39,271 Posts
Wow, a lift, a cherry picker, and what looks like a parts washer?
That's some serious equipment.

·
Premium Member
4,067 Posts
I think that is a sandblasting cabinet, not a parts washer.

The sandblaster is even more desirable than a parts washer and it indicates there is access to compressed air, which is a big plus. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
4,435 Posts
I think that is a sandblasting cabinet, not a parts washer.

The sandblaster is even more desirable than a parts washer and it indicates there is access to compressed air, which is a big plus. :thumbsup:
Yep, sandblaster. I had picked up a broken DeVilbiss 60gallon air compressor and fixed it, so I have lots of air. It's the same compressor I used to power the air gun used to lower Cascade's SEC, etc.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts