Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
86' 560SL, 11' X5, 01' 330 Track
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Off topic, but I was fortunate enough to get press pass's to the Grand Prix this last weekend. Snapped a few from my phone and about 800 with my Nikon. Figured some of you might enjoy them. All of these were taken/edited with my iphone, haven't even started looking through the nikon yet lol

·
Registered
1988 560SL (California Model)
5,104 Posts
Was actually a pretty good race. Been following Indycar for a long time now. Not for sure if I like the new cars and I know I don't like the change away from oval racing. They are in big-time hurt without a major television network carrying them. Time will tell if their changes actually work.

·
R/C107 Moderator
1986 560SL: '84 500SL: '84 280SL 5 speed: other 107s
32,357 Posts
Baltimore looks pretty drab to me. Lacking in color.:rolleyes:

·
Forum Administrator , RC Colas® & Moon Pies®
1981 380SL 151K: 2005 S500 116K
39,251 Posts
We painted it like that to discourage tourists from coming here and eating all of our crabcakes.

I wanted to go and see some of the action but I had to work all freaking weekend.

·
Premium Member
107, 115, 116, 123, 124, 126
5,924 Posts
Hunter-Reay made one of the all time great restarts at the end. Totally freaking smoked the field, deserved to win. Sets up a great championship showdown at Fontana for the season ending race.

Took a date out to the season ender last year in Vegas. Her first race. Didn't end well.

·
Always Remembered RIP
1979 280sl 4 sp w/ac 1957 MGA 1998 volvo xc/70 2004 F150
6,050 Posts
I deleted my last post, sorry - I was not aware of the tragedy.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Was actually a pretty good race. Been following Indycar for a long time now. Not for sure if I like the new cars and I know I don't like the change away from oval racing. They are in big-time hurt without a major television network carrying them. Time will tell if their changes actually work.
From what I saw it was, haven't really been into Indy at all but Id like to start getting into it if I can find the time. I really enjoyed the race's the last 2 years.

Not updated about the series as a whole, all I know is Baltimore made a joke out of organizing the event. It's a shame too, because it could be really good for the city.

Baltimore looks pretty drab to me. Lacking in color.:rolleyes:
I usually take a lot of color out of my shot's when I edit. Baltimore is an extremely colorful city hah

We painted it like that to discourage tourists from coming here and eating all of our crabcakes.

I wanted to go and see some of the action but I had to work all freaking weekend.
Do you live in the city? you don't happen to own a tan colored 107 do you? I see one around my office all the time.

What APP did you use? Great shots!
Thank you! I use a bunch of different app's. Snapseed, Camera +, HDR +, Square Ready, to name a few. I'm amazed at what the iphone is capable of, especially after putting the pictures through multiple layers of editing.

·
Registered
431 Posts
Thank you! I use a bunch of different app's. Snapseed, Camera +, HDR +, Square Ready, to name a few. I'm amazed at what the iphone is capable of, especially after putting the pictures through multiple layers of editing.

I'll be on you for an explanation of your workflow. Do you proc all on the iPhone, from one app to another? or do you upload and use Photoshop or Aperture after the initial pass?

What's your favorite, if you had to choose one? I have Camera Genius, but it's fairly limited.

You should consider entering some of these on Dpchallenge.com. They rival some of the shots the DSLRs are putting up.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I'll be on you for an explanation of your workflow. Do you proc all on the iPhone, from one app to another? or do you upload and use Photoshop or Aperture after the initial pass?

What's your favorite, if you had to choose one? I have Camera Genius, but it's fairly limited.

You should consider entering some of these on Dpchallenge.com. They rival some of the shots the DSLRs are putting up.
All depends on what I am shooting for. Everything I've posted so far has been shot/edited solely on my iphone 4(non S). I usually go app to app, saving and opening in the next app. I would have to say Snapseed is my favorite, next to Camera +. But I usually use a couple others as well to get the desired effect.

When I shoot with my DSLR I use PS CS6 and also the desktop version of Snapseed if I am in a hurry. I shoot with a d5100, usually 12-24mm f/4, and sb900 flash with Gary Fong diffuser.

I'll take a look thanks for the heads up!

·
Registered
431 Posts
All depends on what I am shooting for. Everything I've posted so far has been shot/edited solely on my iphone 4(non S). I usually go app to app, saving and opening in the next app. I would have to say Snapseed is my favorite, next to Camera +. But I usually use a couple others as well to get the desired effect.

When I shoot with my DSLR I use PS CS6 and also the desktop version of Snapseed if I am in a hurry. I shoot with a d5100, usually 12-24mm f/4, and sb900 flash with Gary Fong diffuser.

I'll take a look thanks for the heads up!

nice. i use an Oly E500 with the 35mm macro as the preferred lens. haven't gotten into filters aside from the requisite UV and polarizing varieties.

Just picked up Camera+ for $0.99!

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Anne Arundel County but I motor in from time to time for photo ops.
Very nice man, I think I saw you cruising on 97 the other day. What part? my family has a house in the Severna Park/Millersville area.

nice. i use an Oly E500 with the 35mm macro as the preferred lens. haven't gotten into filters aside from the requisite UV and polarizing varieties.

Just picked up Camera+ for $0.99!
Oh nice! I've played around with some ND filters but getting it right is so time consuming that I've given up. How do you like Camera +?

I guess Baltimore is safe-- if you're moving fast enough.

:D
Haha Its not as bad as everyone thinks

1 - 17 of 17 Posts