Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
SLK in brilli silver
854 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey I remember awhile back someone had the ablity to get great prices on hardware. My laptop is crappin out on me so its time to get a new one, if that person (or if u got connections=)is still around can you hook me up?

·
Registered
2003 SLK 320
684 Posts
http://forums.slickdeals.net/f9-hot-deals.html?

slickdeals has tons of good deals on Dells, check it out...I'm sure you'll find something you like for a great price.

Otherwise, everyone here should mark slickdeals as their home page. There's amazing deals on sweet stuff.

·
Registered
SLK32, ML430
6,349 Posts
It was Deathy that posted the deals on computer hardware.

Not to open a can of worms but... Be careful purchasing Dell products. We have one of their laptops and it was nothing but a headache. It has been a huge piece of crap and Dell customer service SUCKS. I have several family members and friends with Dell desktops that have had tons of problems.

When it comes time to replace my Laptop I am going to get an IBM thinkpad. They seem to be about the best on the market.

·
Registered
2003 SLK 320
684 Posts
430 - 3/13/2005 9:17 AM

It was Deathy that posted the deals on computer hardware.

Not to open a can of worms but... Be careful purchasing Dell products. We have one of their laptops and it was nothing but a headache. It has been a huge piece of crap and Dell customer service SUCKS. I have several family members and friends with Dell desktops that have had tons of problems.

When it comes time to replace my Laptop I am going to get an IBM thinkpad. They seem to be about the best on the market.

I definitely agree about not liking dells very much...I've had a laptop and currently have a desktop. They were nice computers for a while, then stuff started going wrong. I think if you take care of your computer, ie. protect it from spyware, adware, viruses, etc. etc. you'll be fine no matter what you're using. But when it comes to PCs, there's nothing much out there....emachines, compaq, hp, hahaha the only decent companies are dell and dell, or just building your own machine is good if you want to save money.

Personally, I switched to macs a few years back and have an uneven mix of macs and pcs. But if Mike wants an inexpensive PC, there are some good deals on slickdeals for 2.8 Ghz machines with good specs and monitors for $500 -$600.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts