LAPV 6.X up to 17 inches of ground clearance. Spring rates have been
adjusted to give the LAPV 6.0 a cargo capacity of 2800 lbs, even with the
extra armor.

Attachments

·
BenzWorld UNIMOG statesman
Unimog 404.1 Diesel (sold :( )1995 LMTV 1078
5,857 Posts
Prototype Photo's seems to say definetly NOT unimog as base design or part sharing. Over at Expedition portal is suggested that they have Tibus lineage. ( Tibus translated portal info )

The truck version on a Mog chassis.... maybe?? Could be???

If I am not mistakent G wagen axles don't have a great reputation.. someone correct me if I am wrong. Has G Wagen front allways been ball and socket? very old design butttt... might be best for battle field since it is inherintly more shielded.

but for battlfield thinking.... brake line at the front side of the wheel and one that is that exposed to even rock damage?

On the wheel side the CTIS looks real exposed too!!

Attachments

·
Registered
1978 416.115
1,035 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
More pictures from Mercedes-Benz's Latest: "Protection Class" Armored Vehicles | Fast Company

2nd picture looks like a mog frame to me? According to the article: "Here, the FGA 14.5, a chassis platform that's intended to be customized for specialized use. It's built on MB's G-class SUV's--which themselves were engineered to be modular, so that they could eventually be reconfigured for myriad uses."

But the frame and the rear springs sure look like mog to me.

Attachments

·
Registered
1978 416.115
1,035 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
but for battlfield thinking.... brake line at the front side of the wheel and one that is that exposed to even rock damage?

On the wheel side the CTIS looks real exposed too!!
I'm guessing they're just going to be light infantry tactical vehicles, not intended for any serious off-roading. Like you said, going over rocks in that thing would be pretty dangerous.

Supposedly according to the article(s), they are already orders for production for the 6.x. Not sure about the 7.x built on the unimog frame.

·
Registered
U1450L DOKA
9,589 Posts
More ...OOPS , Repeats !

Attachments

·
Registered
2015 Rubicon Unlimited (Let the shame be upon me!)
3,823 Posts
You act like cotter pins are required in the castle nuts. Come on man, they don't drill the holes and cut the slots just so you can stick a cotter pin in there, that would just be silly.

·
Registered
'76 1300L,HE351CW,H15P Winches,Konis,Hydraulics,All Gears,10mm Plungers,Aftercooler,Lots of Littles
2,674 Posts
Sounds more like a southern thing....

C.

·
Registered
3,823 Posts
The real New Yawk thang would be "slauwts", like the brauwts you get at d'jyankees stadium. Except I'm not a yankees fan so I wouldn't really know.

·
Registered
U1450L DOKA
9,589 Posts
I'm hoping you don't really cut um,

the Brawts I mean...don't poke-em with a FAWK, use tongs to maintain the juices, YA Know.

·
Registered
3,823 Posts
I boil with some beer and then ladle then onto potato buns. Sometimes I'll boil then very lightly pan fry to make them real crisp, then it's off to the plate with sliced pumpernickel and mustard.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts