Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
1986 560SL with M120 V12 Engine, 1988 560SL Stock
10,209 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I will be in San Diego all next week. Anyone for Benzworld from that area. Would like to meet up with some fellow Benzworld members.

·
Outstanding Contributor , Bob's Your Uncle!
-----'83 280 SL----- 5 speed....The PIG
29,512 Posts
I will be in San Diego all next week. Anyone for Benzworld from that area. Would like to meet up with some fellow Benzworld members.
daryn?

·
Registered
380SL diesel
1,275 Posts
Would love to meet up with you. PM me and we'll find a place/time that works.

·
Premium Member
10,209 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Met up with Mach4 today. Got to see a very nicely installed 107 Diesel. We went out to lunch in it to a Mexican place called Rubios. The car performes very nicely. It looks like a good solid install. Great to meet fellow Benzworld members especially engine swappers.:)

Attachments

·
Registered
380SL diesel
1,275 Posts
Met up with Mach4 today. Got to see a very nicely installed 107 Diesel. We went out to lunch in it to a Mexican place called Rubios. The car performes very nicely. It looks like a good solid install. Great to meet fellow Benzworld members especially engine swappers.:)
It was great to meet up with roncallo today in San Diego. Thanks for posting the pictures. I guess the ball is in my court to find a way to get out to Connecticut and experience what I consider the premiere swap of all time, a V-12 in a 107. Now that's a swap! Mine is pretty much just a simple bolt-in job, but a compliment from the master is appreciated!

·
Outstanding Contributor , Bob's Your Uncle!
-----'83 280 SL----- 5 speed....The PIG
29,512 Posts
Way to go guys.

It takes effort to pull off a GTG with strangers.

Nice swap, Mach.

Great pics Johnny.

·
Premium Member
10,209 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Back from San Diego and got a days rest. Friday and Saturday were marathon days. Got a call to be on the base at 9:00 AM Friday instead of 4:00 PM as planed. Went to the airport at 1:00 PM tried to get an earlier flight but couldn't so I hung out at the airport until my 10:20 PM red eye flight. Fortunately Jonwhite99 was able to stop by the airport and we met up and had a couple of bears.

Got a lot of good info about disabling DAS and possible leads on LSD diff from Jon. Certainly broke up the 10 hours of boredom at the airport. Arrived home at JFK at 7:00 AM Saturday drove 2 hours home and slept for 1 hour then back to JFK to pick up MIL and finally home at 5:00 PM. Essentially in about 33 hour time span I got what ever sleep could be had in a 5 hour flight in coach and another 1 hour sleep. That Sucked with a capital S.

It was good to meet up with two Benzworld members and San Diego is really nice.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts