Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
2006 S350;2016 GLC 300
758 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Right. The link is broken, but did you try to start EPC net online and get the same error? thanks. todd

·
Premium Member
2001 E320 - Brilliant Silver/Ash: 107,000+
17,193 Posts
I registered just recently so I'm not too familiar with it. I'll look for the program on my hard drive and try to access it.

·
Registered
1999 E55, 2001 E320, 1990 560 SEC, 2004 ML350, 2001 ML55, 1995 S500, 1998 SL500, 2010 E550 Sport zoo
7,035 Posts
Just a expereince tip - MB online systems like EPC, NetStar are designed for Internet Explorer - Chrome, Firefox, Safari, al;l not so good.

Keep the beat !

·
Premium Member
2001 E320 - Brilliant Silver/Ash: 107,000+
17,193 Posts
Just a expereince tip - MB online systems like EPC, NetStar are designed for Internet Explorer - Chrome, Firefox, Safari, al;l not so good. Keep the beat !
Since you mentioned that I am using Firefox but I still have Internet Explorer installed.

·
Registered
2006 S350;2016 GLC 300
758 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I upgraded to Java 1.6 earlier in the week and noticed it after that upgrade. I moved back to 1.5 and still have the problem :(

·
93 SL500, 95 SL320, 96 S320, 98 S500, 2002 E320 4Matic Wagon & A little 91 5.0 FORD Mustang
8,063 Posts
No problems at 5:52

Im a mac user, but it will NOT work with mac or Firefox on windows. I had to use Microsoft Internet Explorer.

Attachments

·
Registered
1990 Mercedes-Benz 420 SEL(RIP),1997 Mercedes-Benz E420
1,936 Posts
I'm happy this issue is being dealt with. I have a Mac and it doesn't work, and has never worked therefore I found and settled on Alldatadiy.com. I'm pleased with the amount of information available, and everything else I need to know I come to the forum.

·
Registered
2006 S350;2016 GLC 300
758 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Problem resolved.

After installing Java v6 (or 1.6), I went into Internet Explorer and deleted all temporary files. That did not solve the problem. I then stopped all Internet Explorer instances.

The FAQs section in epc net online was a bit different for deleteing JAVA temporary files. I went into control panel -> Java -> From the general tab, at the bottom section, under temporary internet files, click settings -> Click delete files -> click both boxes for "Applications and Applets" and "Trace and Log Files". Click OK.

Restarted IE. Went to the epc net online website, logged in, all is good.

thanks everyone for your responses.

·
Outstanding Contributor W221 Moderator
2010 E350 P1/P2, 2008 S550 Designo, 2002 ML320
1,972 Posts
Just a expereince tip - MB online systems like EPC, NetStar are designed for Internet Explorer - Chrome, Firefox, Safari, al;l not so good.

Keep the beat !
I agree with this in general, however the EPC is actually a Java App and should be mostly browser-independent. Yes, there are exceptions to any rule, but I have always used FireFox with the EPC without issue. One advantage to that is that FireFox does a fairly good job of telling you why something is not working.

BTW, you may want to considering updating to Java 7 (1.7), EPC seems to like it. :)

* Keeping the beat :elefant:

·
Registered
'01-E320 & 02-ST2
31,631 Posts
Im a mac user, but it will NOT work with mac or Firefox on windows. I had to use Microsoft Internet Explorer.
It will not work with Mac but that has always been the case.

But it will indeed work with Firefox and Chrome, as well as IE. I regularly use Firefox with the EPC.

The vast majority of the time the failure to finish loading java can be fixed by emptying your browser cache including the deleting of cookies and temp files.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Guys I'm having the hardest time trying to sign up for EPC net Online.

I have Windows XP
Java 1.7
IE 6.0

Each time I try to sign up after step 2/3 this is the error that comes up:

We are sorry, but your request could not be processed.

Should this message appear during the subscription process, please verify your address and credit card information again. The system will not accept a PO-Box as a billing address.

Please verify also that your browser meets the minimum system requirements. You can access this information under ABOUT SITE/TECH REQUIREMENTS from the top menu.

Should you still encounter any problems, please use the CONTACT US form under ABOUT SITE to transmit your question, and we will respond to you within two business days.

You can also contact the Customer Assistance Center at 1-800-FOR-MERCedes (1-800-367-6372) to receive assistance.

Parts Assistance Center,
Mercedes-Benz USA, LLC.

·
Registered
2001 SLK 320(217K Miles), 2002 E320 Special Edition(183K Miles)
3,467 Posts
I've had that problem when trying to use American Express. I changed my registration card to a different type (I think Mastercard or may have been Visa) and it worked fine.
Irony is that I did use the Amex card 3 years ago without a problem, but could never get it accepted again.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I've had that problem when trying to use American Express. I changed my registration card to a different type (I think Mastercard or may have been Visa) and it worked fine.
Irony is that I did use the Amex card 3 years ago without a problem, but could never get it accepted again.
I tried two different cards. I guess I can try some others.

·
Registered
'01-E320 & 02-ST2
31,631 Posts
Guys I'm having the hardest time trying to sign up for EPC net Online.

I have Windows XP
Java 1.7
IE 6.0
I'm not sure what their system requires, but I can tell you that your browser and java versions are both REALLY old (as well as being potential security issues), and it's likely that their requirements are not that backward-compatible.

Try installing Firefox and updating Java (in that order) and see if that works.

Good luck.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Updated Firefox and Java, tried VISA, AMEX, and MC and I can't sign up. I even tried signing up for $12 a year and no luck :(

I was really looking forward to using this service and more importantly I wanted to check a couple VIN's to see what options the E55's I will be looking at have.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts