Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,395 Posts
Heard about that on NPR.

My first thought was the scrap value. Probably huge.

Second thought is if you could anchor it somewhere you would have a small island to inhabit. Keeping it painted would break the bank.

Love the "add to cart"

·
Registered
1978 416.115
1,035 Posts
Added it to my Wishlist

Engines - Removed
Generators and Pumps - Generally unserviceable or not working

·
Registered
4Sale: 230G, U1200 Ag, 1017A, lots of MB cars, Volvo c303, 416 raildoka, LR D110 TDi
1,217 Posts
At the price that I am selling scrap for this month, and the aproximate weight and percentage of steel, it is worth aproximately $2 million USD in scrap steel... I can't let my dad see it or I will be on a scrap expedition.

·
Unimog Moderator
250GD Wolf
13,263 Posts
I wonder if its covered in Lead paint. I watched a show on the discovery channel where they were making a ex-military ship into an artificial reef, the amount of work to properly remove all that paint, not to mention the other chemicals was a real eye opener. If it is covered in lead paint, I'm not sure you would get your money's worth after your labor, assuming the scrapper would make you strip it :eek:

Don't you just want to jump something off that ramp though? :thumbsup:

·
Registered
1987 U1000
583 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
... not only that supposed you happened to be in, let's say the UN, and somebody asked who might have an aircraft carrier... how many other hands could be raised ? :dunno:

gb

·
Registered
419 Posts
Something tells me sooner or later she will join the fate of the Clemenceau at Alang, is really a tragedy in my opinion.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts