Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
433 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone:

This is for the doubter of the incredibly expensive original MB-Lock-Grease (Part # 002989065105). After using it this afternoon on my door and trunk lock cylinders, I can attest this is the best $14 I ever spent on any automotive chemical bar none.

Prior to this, my driver side door lock was on the verge of failing, the prospect of either replacing the lock cylinder or install the remote lock module does not that appealing. After injecting this incredible grease, the locks now feel like brand new.

So, if you are experiencing any problem with your door cylinder, start with this approach. It will probably be the $14 you ever spent.

·
Registered
4,012 Posts
Is it actually grease, or some form of graphite delivered on something that evaporates? The reason I ask, is that everything I've read on locks has said that ANY kind of lubricant that's petroleum-based is bad, because it winds up attracting dirt, which just makes things worse eventually. After taking apart a few MB lock cylinders (not for the faint-hearted), I can understand why. The only thing that most locksmiths will use is graphite, either blown in dry or with an entirely volatile carrier.

·
Registered
1,535 Posts
PTFE/Teflon is the preferred lubricant for locks these days. Graphite can accumulate over time and cause problems also.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Does anyone have a link or website to order this from, all my internet searches for this part number yield me nothing. Thanks

1 - 6 of 6 Posts