Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When I turned the headlights on this morning I discovered my right side headlight was aimed down and to the right. I had this problem about a year ago and thought I had solved it. I could see through the lens that the reflector was out of place. It's pretty easy to resolve. I removed the headlight and opened up the lens. Found the reflector had popped loose on its upper ball stud. It's a simple matter to pop it back in. Our streets have become rather bumpy due to lack of funds and I've hit some pretty bad bumps.
I've attached some pictures of the lamp in various stages of disassembly.
I'm wondering if anyone has solved this problem permanantly.

Attachments

·
Registered
920 Posts
I had this issue once on both headlights. Did the same as you - opened up the assemblies and popped the ball joint back in. That was 2 SLKs ago. I now have the aftermarket projector headlights - so solved I guess.

·
Registered
1 Posts
When I turned the headlights on this morning I discovered my right side headlight was aimed down and to the right. I had this problem about a year ago and thought I had solved it. I could see through the lens that the reflector was out of place. It's pretty easy to resolve. I removed the headlight and opened up the lens. Found the reflector had popped loose on its upper ball stud. It's a simple matter to pop it back in. Our streets have become rather bumpy due to lack of funds and I've hit some pretty bad bumps.
I've attached some pictures of the lamp in various stages of disassembly.
I'm wondering if anyone has solved this problem permanantly.
Hi, my reflecor has "popped out" of the upper right corner ball of the drivers (rhs) headlight but I cannot pull the reflector forwards far enough to get it back over the ball. Any ideas.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts