Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got off the phone with parts at Mercedes Benz Century City (my closest dealership; and so far, the friendliest and most helpfull).

Turns out that there is no stock of the seal kit for my power steering pump anywhere in this country. If I order now, it will only be here by Feb next year!

So now I'm thinking... Would it be quicker to order one from say the UK (got family there), than to wait for it to be shipped here via the dealer network?

Also, it turns out that none of the local breakers have got a 2nd hand one, nor a steering box...

·
Registered
2,953 Posts
In my experience in Holland parts arrive in a day if they are available at MB Germany, I think the same applies for the UK, so ordering parts in the UK can be quicker (as long as the part is sent to the RSA by courier or airmail).

·
Registered
4,106 Posts
Try ZF directly.

Otherwise, e-Bay.

Let us know how it goes.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Good idea. Where can i find ZF in this country?

Also, I ended up ordering the set from the dealership. They said it could be here earlier, but 8 Feb is the eta their system shows...

·
Registered
4,106 Posts
ZF is all around: there are at least two within one hour from Jo'burg. I'm sure there will be in the Mother City as well.

Guess where I'll be ordering suspension rubbers from next year?:D

1 - 5 of 5 Posts