Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2003 C320 Sedan, 1992 400e sedan
302 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want the 2003 c320 with Pewter Silver and Ash interior. I am ordering C2/C4 and heated seats. Also changer. Is it worth getting the driver multi contour seat or not? The dealer told me she has never sold a c class with this feature in it. E classes owners usually get it. Also, waiting for 4matic. Does anyone know when it's available? She told me it's not in her computer. [:(!]

·
Registered
2015 ML250 BTC
1,314 Posts
Need 4-wheel drive ... consider ML320?

Plus, with an ML, you can tow too. Our C320 sits pretty low to the ground: the 4-matic probably will be a little higher off the ground-- easier to get in and out of--but, the gas mileage probably will be less than for the 2WD.

If you live in a snowy area?? But, I'm not sure 4-matic will help that much unless you put on snow tires in the winter. Also, the 2WD model has the "W-S" switch for take-offs in slippery conditions, where EPS is supposed to help when needed also.

Maybe they sold 4-matic E-Class models where you're from but you do not see them here in SoCal--ML's, however, are very popular. Cs are great cars though; and, I've read that MB's 4-matic is a very good system: no transfer case like MLs 4WD-ETS but Cs are not intended for off-road so it doesn't matter.

·
Registered
2001 SLK 320 6MT
462 Posts
it is supposed to be available on the 2003 model, like the one you are ordering

·
'00 ML320 Elegance
8,965 Posts
I want the 2003 c320 with Pewter Silver and Ash interior. I am ordering C2/C4 and heated seats. Also changer. Is it worth getting the driver multi contour seat or not? The dealer told me she has never sold a c class with this feature in it. E classes owners usually get it. Also, waiting for 4matic. Does anyone know when it's available? She told me it's not in her computer. [:(!]
The multi-contour seat is a nice feature, however, you should try it out to see whether the standard seats are comfortable for you already. Otherwise, the money can be spent somewhere else. I would highly recommend the Bi-Xenon headlamps, for example.

The 4-matic C-class will indeed be available for model year 2003. My Bordeaux Red/Java '03 C320 4-matic sedan is being built right now, and will be delivered sometime in late Oct/early Nov. Your salesperson must be dreaming. It can definitely be ordered!

Good luck!

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
4matic

I just spoke to 3 dealers and none of them have the option of 4matic in their computers to order one. They have all the other options. Nor is it on the website. Can you please advise me further.

·
Registered
2002 C230k
1,246 Posts
4matic

4matic won't be available in the US until later in the year. Keep checking with your dealer.

·
'00 ML320 Elegance
8,965 Posts
Hmm, that's odd!...

I just spoke to 3 dealers and none of them have the option of 4matic in their computers to order one. They have all the other options. Nor is it on the website. Can you please advise me further.
The pricing and the special 4-matic introduction packages have already been released to dealers. I heard something about 4-matic only being offered in Nov, but I don't see why you can't order it now to be one of the first ones in line. My C320 4-matic is a September production vehicle, due to arrive in Canada in late Oct/Nov.

·
'00 ML320 Elegance
8,965 Posts
No of course not, LOL...

It's far too new to be traded in, with under 37K kms on it. The C320 is more of a supplementary car, since it is not what I will be driving most of the time.

·
Registered
2002 C230k
1,246 Posts
A dealer in Pennsylvania posted on another board that their first 4Matic C-class is sche...

A dealer in Pennsylvania posted on another board that their first 4Matic C-class is scheduled to be built in mid-October with delivery in late December or early January.

·
'00 ML320 Elegance
8,965 Posts
Over here...

I'm thinking about a C320 4matic.
You don't get any sort of deals. All MSRP only, especially for this sort of vehicle which is specially ordered. The CD changer will be thrown in for free though, along with a few other things [:)]

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Free Changer?

I don't understand what you mean by the changer is included. My sales person spoke to her rep and told me that I can go ahead and order my 4matic which I have already done. Is the changer included in the price of the 4matic? I believe 4matic is 1800 bucks. What else does it come with?

·
Registered
E500S4, C240; Sold ML320, '72 280SE, '67 280SL, '86 300E, '87 300SDL
383 Posts
its part of the negotiation...

MB's will rather give you extra accesories (mainly dealer installed ones) instead of selling under MSRP. How many and which accesories you get is up to your dealing.

·
'00 ML320 Elegance
8,965 Posts
No, it's not part of 4-matic...

I don't understand what you mean by the changer is included. My sales person spoke to her rep and told me that I can go ahead and order my 4matic which I have already done. Is the changer included in the price of the 4matic? I believe 4matic is 1800 bucks. What else does it come with?
As others have mentioned, it's all part of the deal. Since they don't sell the vehicle at any lower than MSRP, I've gotten other things thrown in as well (ex. all-season floor mats, cargo nets, cargo tray).

·
'00 ML320 Elegance
8,965 Posts
Over here...

I got $1000 off on my ml plus winter matts and a cargo net. On my C230, they offered a "free" cd changer or a 3% discount. I took the discount.
All of our dealers in the lower mainland (except for one new one) are factory stores owned by MB Canada. Because of this, the pricing (including parts & labour) is consistent throughout the entire area. Pros and cons I guess, depending on how you look at it. Parts are pretty reasonably priced though, especially considering the prices that some of the US owners have had to pay!

·
'00 ML320 Elegance
8,965 Posts
It seems that...

A dealer in Pennsylvania posted on another board that their first 4Matic C-class is scheduled to be built in mid-October with delivery in late December or early January.
In the US, there will be a couple of 4-matic introduction packages to be released only in the Dec/Jan period. One wonders whether this is to coincide with the winter months!

Our '03 C320 4-matic is slated to arrive in Oct/Nov (but built sometime this month). It makes sense that Canada would get the 4-matic allocation first since 50% of the E-classes sold here are 4-matics!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts