Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
SL320, 300e, 450SL
1,044 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For those of you with aftermarket wheels, do you notice the car not riding as well as it did w/ the stock wheels, i.e. Wheel vibration/shake, etc. Im considering going up to 16" wheels in the 8 hole design made by BBS on tire rack. What is the most ideal offset one should look for on a 300e 124 model. My car is a 1991.
Any suggestions are appreciated! Thank you, bc[:)]

p.s. Would you most prefer a o.e.m Mercedes wheel versus aftermarket knock offs? I should be keeping this car for another few years. Im not really on a set budget, but feel $600-900 for wheels/tires is a decent amount to spend on a car in the $5-7k range.

·
Registered
1994 E320
1,730 Posts
I would prefer OE wheels - that is, if I find something I like! I'm keeping an eye or two out for either the very, very rare bundt-cake 15" wheels or for C280 (W202) wheels (also 15"). I still have to find an aftermarket wheel I like (i.e one that doesn't make me look like a riceboy [:D].) Right now I'm on the original OE allowys (15 small holes, part # 201 400 1302.)
If you go the aftermarket route, make sure the center bore fits exactly. If it's even slightly larger, you will get vibration, no matter how tight the bolts are. I learned that the hard way.

Shady

·
Registered
SL320, 300e, 450SL
1,044 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Shady! Ill keep an eye out for those Bundt Cakes for ya![:D]. As far as being off in diameter and getting shakes, are you referring to the center hole? Thanks again, bc

1 - 4 of 4 Posts