Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

I've been reading alot of posts on the forum about members who complain about loooonnnnggggg wait ti

• Purchased from Dealer Stock

Votes: 13 24.1%
  • Purchased from On Line Service (Ebay, etc.)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Ordered and Received Car

Votes: 27 50.0%
  • Ordered and Waiting on Car

Votes: 14 25.9%
  • Wait time too long - Canceled Order

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2007 ML320 CDI - Silver/Ash
355 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been reading alot of posts on the forum about members who complain about loooonnnnggggg wait times for their SLK's.

I just purchased my SLK last week from our local Benz dealer and the car was sitting right on their lot. I was kind of interested in the new SLK, but after seeing the car in person at the local Philly International Auto Show I knew this car would be great!

I had a few colors in mind that I liked, but there was one thing that the car had to have: The AMG Sport Package.

One call to the dealer, and the car is now in my garage 2 days later! They only had 1 car in stock that had the Sport Package (Capri Blue with Beige Leather). They agreed to take $2,000.00 off the price, threw in the all weather slush mats for no charge and I couldn't be happier with the deal or the car!

I know that many want the car a certain way, but I am curious on how others have made out so far - so let's discuss. [:)]

·
Registered
SLK 350
2,327 Posts
I doubt that there will be many cars available from dealer stock once warmer weather arrives and people begin to see the new SLK's on the street in the northern half of the U.S. and in northern Europe.

·
Registered
'05 SLK350
73 Posts
I can't remember ever seeing a car on a dealer lot that was just the way I wanted it. So I always order. Granted, I live in the middle of nowhere and don't have much selection, but even when I have had dealers search nationwide they haven't found what I wanted. Besides, it is cool to get a car built just for me.

·
Registered
350 SLK
1,528 Posts
No way I could have gotten my car off the lot with all my options. One California dealer had several Iridium Silver on his lot but they were all black interior and I wanted red. Also wanted the wood trim and all the options but the sport package and run flat tires. When I finally saw it it was worth the wait. While there may be a lot of Iridium Silver SLKs sold they won't all be exactly like mine[8D]

Oh, and I got $1500 off of my ordered car.

·
Registered
SLK 55 AMG
3,560 Posts
My dealer received a 55 and so I bought it. It came with all the options I wanted (apart from the reclining mirrors, but that's not exactly an important option for me).

I might have gone with another color, but I've come to really like the Iridium silver [:D]

·
Registered
SLK 350 MT
148 Posts
i had ordered mine from another dealer in april '04, but ended up changing to a closer workplace in the meantime. when the original dealer near my old office said that my car wouldn't be in until jan '05, i bailed and ended up re-ordering from a closer dealer. the second order went in early september and the car was in mid-november with all options as specified. if a dealer has one on the lot the way you want it there's a much better chance of a discount, since they're paying "floor plan " interest to MB on the cost of the car for as long as it sits .

·
Registered
SLK 55
44 Posts
I bought my 55 off the dealer lot. I really liked the color black, and it had all of the options that I needed. Had I ordered one, I might have added a few more options just for the heck of it, but I didn't want to wait.

I also purchased my old silver SLK 320 brand new off the lot from this same dealer and was very satisfied. As time passed, I wished that I had bought an AMG instead, but that was my own fault for underestimating my power lust!

·
Registered
'05 SLK 350
43 Posts
My wife and I ordered our car....she wanted Capri blue w/black interior & heating pkg. I wanted 6Spd. MT, AMG pkg. & Lighting pkg. Ordering was the only way to go...90% of cars at dealerships are silver, rarely see other colors.
We got 2K off MSRP and received car in 7 weeks

·
Registered
SLK350
67 Posts
I got mine off the lot from a dealer to dealer trade. It's an iridium silver/black with the amg sport, wood trim, nav, comfort, premium, and lighting. Saw a manual in the showroom one evening after dinner and told the dealer i wanted auto. They got it for me the next day. I got $500 off and this was back in 12/04.

·
Registered
350 SLK
35 Posts
I ordered mine back in July 2004. Was able to see an early SLK in Colorado about the same time of my order when they did some mountain driving testing in the USA. I based my options on discussions in this forum. Since I expected not to see any SLKs in the USA until September, I believed I had no option but to get on the order list (I was number five). I picked up my 350 Obsidian black with grey interior on November 30, 2004 which is also my birthday.

Bill

·
Registered
Diamond SilverSLK200
106 Posts
I had no option and had to order mine!

Things go so fast here in Marbella, especially top marques like Mercedes, that I wasn't even able to get a test drive before ordering! [:(]

The only "preview" I had was for literally a few minutes in the showroom where they had both the Silver and the Diamond Silver models awaiting collection. In addition I had seen one or two on the road which helped me to decide not to go for the black (smart but small-looking, and too much loss of detail for my liking.)

I'm glad I at least had the chance to compare the silvers, which were the best options for me because they not only look great, they also provide a high level of heat reflection - essential in a hot place like Spain.

Given a choice I would order mine again, despite having to endure the horror of a "lost" order after four months, with a further two month wait for the re-order to arrive. That way I can get exactly the spec I want - eventually.

Scott

1 - 12 of 12 Posts