Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, i ordered the ML in November 2011 in Switzerland, made June 21, 2012.
2012 model so I guess, and I will receive late August early September, when the Model 2013 is for sale!
I find it simply unacceptable to meet for a few days difference with the old model.
What interests me is the color of the combined instrument in 2013.
What gives me great disappointment Mercedes. What do you think of this?

·
Registered
2012 BMW X5 (totaled by GF, now driving her Lexus RX300)
116 Posts
2012 model so I guess, and I will receive late August early September, when the Model 2013 is for sale!
I find it simply unacceptable to meet for a few days difference with the old model.
I feel your frustration. I don't know how MB operates the way they do...they seem so unorganized and erratic, and I can never get a straight story, it seems. If it were not for the fact that the ML is the safest SUV if not the safest car on the market (perhaps second only to the new GL), then I would have bought an Audi Q8 or another SUV a long time ago.

I have heard of crazy delays like this, even here in the U.S. You probably had some option with your order that couldn't be filled until June because the factory had an inventory shortage.

If you want the new features in MY13 and you can wait longer, then I'd just cancel the MY12 and order an MY13. At least here in the U.S., deposits on orders are typically refundable if you are dissatisfied in any way...and it sounds like you are. You dealer shouldn't have any issue with your a new one, as the MY12 are now getting scarce and I'm sure the dealer could easily sell the MY12 to somebody else.

I did the same thing myself: after weeks of research I finally ordered an MY12 ML550. Then a week a later, details about the MY13 had came out. So, i canceled my MY12 order and now have one for the MY13, to be build at end of September. I could have had it built earlier if I didn't want the multi-contour seats, but that was a must for me. The instrumentation you mention will also be very nice, as well as mBrace2, a better looking, more modern interface in the center console, collision avoidance as well as Designo leather option.

You can also now order the off-road package. Being in Switzerland, with all the snow, I'd imagine you would make good use of the off-road package, given how it has a special settings for snow and tire chains.

·
Registered
2020 MB GLE 450 4MATIC, 2015 BMW M4
2,128 Posts
Delays

I ordered end of October 2011 in the US and just received it this month. Many options have had shortages, resulting in long order times: Lighting pkg., Panorama sunroof, Dynamic Handling pkg., U09 dash, etc. This seems to be the poorest rollout of all three MLs. I considered waiting for the MY13s, but there was no guarantee that there wouldn't be additional delays. Very frustrating! The color MFD would be nice, but there is also a 3.4% price increase on the 350s here.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts