Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
01 E430 4Matic, 98 BWM M3
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Finally ordered mine today with the following options.

Color:
Black

Packages:
P2
two-tone Leather (blk/beige)
Lighting

Options:
Blind Spot Assit
Trailer Hitch Kit
Pre-wiring Rear entertainment
Parktronic
Chrome Accessory Package
Running Board
Wood/Leather Multifunction steering wheel
Heated Rear Seats
Infrared Glass

My dealer happended to have 01 GL550 diamond white with blk/beige interior for $87,xxx today and two-tone interior wasn't I expected as I've seen my friends clk350 designo interior (lighter and thicker leather) I couldn't resist the black headliner so I had to go with two-tone leather

They couldn't get me the the production date yet but they said it would be sometime in Feb 2011.

·
Registered
108 Posts
taeandji,

Congratulations on your new purchase + Nicely spec-ed.
The wait for it to arrive is a dreadful experience.

Best wishes,
Felix

·
Registered
4 Posts
Congrats taeandji
I am in the process of ordering a 350 with following specs
Diamond white
Premium 1 (plan to get remote start installed instead of push start with P2)
Cashmere leather
Lighting package

Blind spot & Parktronic
Alum side boards
Rear entertainment
Wood steering well

The best price quoted to me in Minneapolis was 7% off MSRP. Whats the name of dealer you got 10.5% off. It might help me to bargain better.
Whats with the 2 tone leather? Where do you find it as an option. Are there any pics one can see on MBUSA website?
Greatly appreciate a quick reply. Thanks.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
where do you get remote start installed? from dealer?

I attached some pics for you. it is special order. you can get either blk/beige or blk/ash combo and both of them come with black headliner.

BTW, I'm washington DC metro area. you can order it from Arlington Service Center.

Attachments

·
Registered
4 Posts
How much do they charge for 2 tone leather above the leather package?. They really do look cool.
Since I live in North Dakota remote start is a must. I had viper smart start installed on my Acura RL few months back. One of the MB dealers mentioned about MBRACE, and I told him I am looking for remote start, not just remote lock/unlock. He left me a message saying it can be installed. Didn't talk to him again as am working with different dealer. Will post it next week after I find out.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
They only charge $250 for special order fee no matter how many options you choose from special options such as ADS, Distronic, or infrared glass, etc...

But you need to select the full leather package then you can choose the two tone leather.

·
Registered
4 Posts
How did black/ash combo look on the diamond white GL 550 you saw? Was there enough contrast or did it look too pale compared to black/beige. It really make it look custom.
Nothing urgent, just when you have time. You post is guiding me in the right direction.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
My dealer has GL550 Diamond white with blk/beige combo and it looked good. I considered blk/ash as well but from pic it looked too pale and cold... My mother in-law has 07 GL450 with ash MB-Tex and we don't like it. I have 07 GL450 silver/black and didn't like the ash headliner so, I had to go with black/beige combo for the blk headliner.

One thing I noticed was that it would get stain blue jeans from getting in and out of vehicle especially on the piping portion. I noticed stains from my blue jean which was about a year old though from the GL550 at dealer.

·
Registered
18 Posts
You will be very pleased that you ordered the diesel. We love our GL diesel. I drove it on a 340 mile trip last week and attained 26.5 mpg. I used less than half a tank for that trip!

I love the range. The seats are very comfortable on long trips. I could drive our GL for ever! That's a great price. Is there a special incentive now from Mercedes Benz?

·
Premium Member
60 Posts
Do you have a list of the additional "off the books" standalone options that can be ordered?

I am also in the DC metro area and am planning on ordering a 2011 GL350BTC to replace my 2008 GL450.

I LOVE the two tone interior. I definitely will be getting one or the other.

Thanks!

·
Premium Member
60 Posts
I got the list of "special order" options from my dealer (EuroMotorcars Germantown) and they were able to match American Service Center's 10.5% off MSRP + any applicable incentives that Tae got.

This is what I ordered.

2011 GL350 BTC
Capri Blue with Cashmere/Black Leather interior

*P2
*Leather Package
*Lighting Package

*3 zone HVAC
*parktronic
*blind spot assist
*illumination kit for running boards
*wood/leather steering wheel
*heated/active ventilated front seats
*trailer hitch
*running boards
*rear seat entertainment
*heated rear seats
*illuminated door sills
*infrared glass
*multicontour drivers seat
*multicontour passenger seat
*DISTRONIC
*ADS
*black headliner

·
Premium Member
1 Posts
Who did you work with at Eurocars?

I'm looking to order the EXACT same GL350 except in White and would love to save the headache of negotiations by saying that a friend of mine came into the dealership and ordered the same car.

Maybe we could even get you an additional kickback when your car comes in.

Thanks!

·
Registered
'11 GL350, '92 500e (Sold)
10 Posts
special order options

Can anyone post what the cost is for these special order options?
219--Distronic
214--ADS Adaptive damping system
H04--Brown birds-eye maple trim
596--Infrared glass

·
Registered
2011 GL350 Bluetec, Irridium over Black Leather
51 Posts
Can anyone post what the cost is for these special order options?

214--ADS Adaptive damping system
$750.

There's a one-time $250 "Special Order Fee" that applies if you order any special items, so it's to your benefit to order more than one.

IIRC, IR Glass was about $550.

- Mark

·
Registered
10 Posts
Ordered today and found the following:
ADS - $775
Infrared glass $510
Distronic - 2300
I decided I would not be using cruise often enough to justify the expense.

·
Registered
10 Posts
So now I get to just sit around and wait for my car to be built. How anticlimactic! After weeks of researching, test drives of the Range Rover, X5 ML & GL, agonizing over colors and options then finally negotiating they just hand me a sales receipt and say "Thanks, we'll call you in a few months." I wanted a little corgi truck or something to take home...

·
Registered
2011 GL350 Bluetec, Irridium over Black Leather
51 Posts
So now I get to just sit around and wait for my car to be built. How anticlimactic! After weeks of researching, test drives of the Range Rover, X5 ML & GL, agonizing over colors and options then finally negotiating they just hand me a sales receipt and say "Thanks, we'll call you in a few months." I wanted a little corgi truck or something to take home...
I know EXACTLY how you feel. I ordered mine on Nov 28 and it's due to arrive this Wednesday (but I'll have to wait until Sat to pick it up).

- Mark

·
Registered
2010 GL350CDI Luxury
64 Posts
Hang in there, Pal - it's definitely worth the wait.

I love mine.

In my case, my two boys came with me to take delivery of the car. The salesman gave them each a cap and a toy. I'm sure it didnt cost the stealership much, but the effect it had was priceless.

Which dealer do you think I will be calling for the next Benz I buy. :)

1 - 19 of 19 Posts