Mercedes-Benz Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
2007 GL320 CDI, 2005 SLK350 and 2001 SLK320
328 Posts
Do you have a list of option packages? Are they the same packages as the 2007? Any prices?

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I was told the packages and options would be the same as the 07. He didn't have pricing yet, but expects pricing to remain the same. I was able to negotiate $2000 off MSRP.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I ordered an '08 320 CDI two weeks ago as well - very excited! July build date, August delivery (Seattle). I know, for my part, there are a couple things different in '08. First, Distronic is currently unavailable (bummer), and second, there is a P2 package that comprises tons of the '07 ala carte options along with everything in P1. Naturally, I opted for it :D.

Nice to see you were able to negotiate a deal!

·
Registered
328 Posts
What is in the new P2 package? I have a 2007 GL320 scheduled for July 9 build, and may tell them to convert it to a 2008 if the packages are right.

·
Registered
2008 SL550
613 Posts
alexh71 said:
I ordered an '08 320 CDI two weeks ago as well - very excited! July build date, August delivery (Seattle). I know, for my part, there are a couple things different in '08. First, Distronic is currently unavailable (bummer), and second, there is a P2 package that comprises tons of the '07 ala carte options along with everything in P1. Naturally, I opted for it :D.

Nice to see you were able to negotiate a deal!
Perhaps later they will offer Distronic Plus which is a newer version. Also I would like to bet they offer ADSII in that P2 package or stand alone.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Man, I hope they give us 320 owners the option to get ADS in '08 - not sure the extent of the ride improvement with it, but I am planning to upsize the wheels, so every little bit helps.

·
Registered
13 Posts
mbslk350 said:
What is in the new P2 package? I have a 2007 GL320 scheduled for July 9 build, and may tell them to convert it to a 2008 if the packages are right.

My dealer just got back to me with the details they had for P2. Here are the individual options it comprises:

Here is the P2 package for the 2008 GL320:
RearView Backup Camera
Parktronic
Power Passenger Seat w/Memory Package
Autodimming Mirror
Pwr. Dr. Seat & Steering Column s/Memory Package
Hands-Free Communication System
Glass Sunroof
Pwr Telescoping & Tilt Steering Column
Power Folding Mirrors
Rear Audio Controls
DVD COMAND Navigation
SIRIUS Satellite Radio
3-Zone Climate Control
Climate Control/Rear Compartment
Infrared Glass
Headlamp Washing System
Curve Illimuniating Bi-Xenon Light System
Cornering Front Fog Lamps
Harman/Kardon Sound System
Power Rear Qtr. Windows & Double Sunvisors
Power Tailgate Open/Close
Cargo Net

Of course, this may change :eek: , but that's the list for now.

-Alex

·
Registered
2008 SL550
613 Posts
alexh71 said:
My dealer just got back to me with the details they had for P2. Here are the individual options it comprises:

Here is the P2 package for the 2008 GL320:
RearView Backup Camera
Parktronic
Power Passenger Seat w/Memory Package
Autodimming Mirror
Pwr. Dr. Seat & Steering Column s/Memory Package
Hands-Free Communication System
Glass Sunroof
Pwr Telescoping & Tilt Steering Column
Power Folding Mirrors
Rear Audio Controls
DVD COMAND Navigation
SIRIUS Satellite Radio
3-Zone Climate Control
Climate Control/Rear Compartment
Infrared Glass
Headlamp Washing System
Curve Illimuniating Bi-Xenon Light System
Cornering Front Fog Lamps
Harman/Kardon Sound System
Power Rear Qtr. Windows & Double Sunvisors
Power Tailgate Open/Close
Cargo Net

Of course, this may change :eek: , but that's the list for now.

-Alex
That list being a compilation of P1 and the new P2 package, it will probably range somewhere between $8-9000 I would think.

·
Registered
377 Posts
nevadajack said:
That list being a compilation of P1 and the new P2 package, it will probably range somewhere between $8-9000 I would think.
So I thought too, NJ. Just wondering if the package will be discounted vs buying each option individually like I did on my 450. If this is the correct list for P2 then I love it since MBUSA has finally combined needed feature (3 zone A/C and lights) in one package which will make them easier to find, IMO. When I was looking, I had such a hard time finding one with lights, camera, and 3 zone with KG, Distronic and wood wheel.

·
Registered
2008 SL550
613 Posts
oknish said:
So I thought too, NJ. Just wondering if the package will be discounted vs buying each option individually like I did on my 450. If this is the correct list for P2 then I love it since MBUSA has finally combined needed feature (3 zone A/C and lights) in one package which will make them easier to find, IMO. When I was looking, I had such a hard time finding one with lights, camera, and 3 zone with KG, Distronic and wood wheel.
Agree...it looks like they have paired some very necessary options into a nice package. I would think that the price of the package would be cheaper than the individual pricing.

·
Registered
328 Posts
Alexh71 - Thanks for the P2 list. I've ordered all those same options - except for the 3-zone climate control - as part of P1 or as stand-alone options on my 2007 GL320. I would also be interested in seeing the price. Maybe getting all that stuff in a P2 package for 2008 is cheaper than ordering them separate in 2007. Thanks again for the info.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Hi everyone, they told me pricing will be released for the 2008s in the next two months and that P2 should be a bit cheaper than individual options. If I hear about pricing sooner y'all will be the first to know.

·
Registered
377 Posts
alexh71 said:
Hi everyone, they told me pricing will be released for the 2008s in the next two months and that P2 should be a bit cheaper than individual options. If I hear about pricing sooner y'all will be the first to know.
Thanks, alexh71. My personal opinion is that though P2 will be a touch cheaper, it won't be that cheap. I would be surprised if the savings go above $ 500. But, hey, if I am wrong then I don't think anyone will complain :)

·
Registered
2008 SL550
613 Posts
oknish said:
Thanks, alexh71. My personal opinion is that though P2 will be a touch cheaper, it won't be that cheap. I would be surprised if the savings go above $ 500. But, hey, if I am wrong then I don't think anyone will complain :)
Nothing about the GL550 is going to be cheap...:) And don't look for any discounts right away.

·
Registered
377 Posts
nevadajack said:
Nothing about the GL550 is going to be cheap...:) And don't look for any discounts right away.
Patience is a virtue :) But, yes, I agree 100% that 550's will be hard to bargain on when they come out. I am just happy that it will be easier to find the light/AC/camera combo.

·
Registered
13 Posts
boknows said:
Why not order the Bluetec?
I'd be all over that, but everything I've heard, here, my dealer, and MB USA says the BLUETECs are a long ways out. Have you heard something new?

Thanks,
alexh71

1 - 20 of 22 Posts