Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1982 300GD *2
388 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Had a look at an ORC spring installaion of a fellow Benzworlder and noticed that the bottom 4 rungs of the rear spring are touching/binding in the static level position ( LWB ). This seems rather odd. Would this not affect articulation etc. The car ride seems to be OK. BTW the vehicle lift was 25 mm raer and 15 mm when compared to my standard SWB.
PEter Merle

·
Registered
1980 LWB 280GE
3,504 Posts
Not quite sure what your question is really. Springs should not be designed to be "solid" under static load conditions. Why these might be so seems like a question for ORC. I've heard that their springs have a tendency to do this after some time, but never witnessed it myself.

-Dave G.

·
Registered
1982 300GD *2
388 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
YEs saw this on the Rear of Peter Sherlock's vehicle . It does not seem to impair ride / performance according to Peter. Find it rather odd though - half the spring is kind of wasted!
PEter

·
Registered
280GE, 300GE, 300D
56 Posts
Hi,
I have noticed the same thing too with my rear ORC springs, but as Peter says it doesn't seem to inpair ride.

·
Registered
1984 300GD
75 Posts
I have the ORC springs front and back of my 1984 300GD, they are a bit of a lift, also made by ebach? spelling,
I have no such binding, they are about 2 years old and have about 6k miles on them, the past 4k miles have been done by me, and lots of offroading in those miles, Wheels off the ground lots of times, I dont see why you would have such issues!
Peter.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts