Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
Mercedes "M32"
961 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, as you all may know I just installed the lift kit on my truck about a month ago. I will be taking it off since I will be getting a custom setup made for my truck. The kit was originally purchased from Germany and I paid about $600 shipped. I am NOT willing to loose much money on this kit since I JUST installed it a few weeks back. Reasonable offers will be entertained. Here are pics of it installed with the 33" BFG All- Terrains.

I will include proper instructions for installation and will provide any tech support you may need. The BFG AT's are also for sale for $900 + Shipping (I paid $1100 about 3 weeks 500 miles ago) and if you purchase the tires and lift kit I will give you a package deal.

Please respond here, E-mail ([email protected]) or PM me. Thxs !!

·
Registered
Mercedes "M32"
961 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No .. but it will include air suspenion.

Are you interested in the lift Chia ??

·
Registered
107 Posts
I think your ML looks sweet as it is... Do you happend to have any pictures of parts that are included?!

·
Registered
Mercedes "M32"
961 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
99rhino - 4/18/2005 11:20 PM

I think your ML looks sweet as it is... Do you happend to have any pictures of parts that are included?!
Everything in the pic minus the shocks ... 8 pieces total.

Pretty simple install with instructions.

·
Registered
Mercedes "M32"
961 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
kenyee - 4/18/2005 11:22 PM

MLOffRoad - 4/18/2005 4:05 PM
No .. but it will include air suspenion.

Cool. Trying to outdo the W164, eh? ;-)

ken
U bethcha !! Gotta be one step ahead of the game ...

·
Registered
Mercedes "M32"
961 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
It lifts the rear about 2 inches and the front is then adjustable by torsion bars to match the rear.

·
Registered
ML430/ SL500 SA
1,009 Posts
What are you going to do?

I can't wait to hear about it.

Send me an email

[email protected]

·
Registered
2000 ML430, 2008 GL550, 2008 Ford F250 Superduty
815 Posts
hey MLOFFROAD... are you puting an aftermarket bagging kit on your ML? if so, do you mind sharing the details? i been thinking about this for a while but was afraid to hack into my suspension. i didnt know they had a kit for the ML or any kit that would fit. i saw someone from DUB magazine did it to a white ML but i saw the work it took to get it done and it looked expensive. just wondering if there's any new developments...

if i didnt do the low-pro look, i would have gone with a lift kit like yours currently. nice ride.

·
Registered
Mercedes "M32"
961 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I'm still working on the details, but the whole setup will be custom. I'll keep you all updated. [:D]

·
Registered
03 ML500
789 Posts
Make me a copy in cardboard and give me exact dimensions before you sell it. I think I can make copies much cheaper.
BTW, if you go air suspension you won't go off-roading anymore. Air bags are not as reliable as springs, and if they brake, you are stuck. Most LR owners with air bags switch to springs.

·
Registered
ML430/ SL500 SA
1,009 Posts
Seriously-

Find a machine shop or place with a CAD gizmo that can accurately measure the parts for recreation.

·
Premium Member
ML430
2,662 Posts
if you need it I have CAD2005 and ProE (Student Editon). If you are planning on doing this yourself.

·
Registered
03 ML500
789 Posts
So? What's up? Are we copying this lift? Update please.

·
Registered
1998 ML320
2 Posts
Too bad there isn't some kind of coil over conversion available. Six-hundred bucks for some steel spacers seems high. Any decent machine shop can whip those out for you in no time with the correct measurements. I guess the measurements are mostly what you pay for and can be a bitch to fine tune.

I am curious about this air suspension business. :)

·
Registered
1998 ML320
2 Posts
I really like the meaty tires on the 18's. I have some 19's now that I am trying to find good tires for. Anybody have any suggestions?

·
Registered
'99 ML320, '83 240D
113 Posts
Air bags are helper springs. They are good for leveling, adjusting height, or adjusting ride characteristics, but I would not fit air bags to use as primary lift springs. The fact that they are adjustable also means that they are not 100% reliable like a coil spring or torsion bar.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts