Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What options are most people getting? Anybody have an opinion on the tire pressure monitoring system or comfort pacakge (ventialted seats, etc) options? How about the wood package or keyless go system (both of these two seem like kind of a waste of money to me)? I am definitely getting the sport package and bi-xenon.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Yes on tire pressure, no on ventilated seats (heated +

seats defintely, but why have ventilated when the cars a convertible!), no on keyless go (pointless!) and wood depends on how you like the look ... I happen to but it's very subjective.<br>
<br>
btw: does anyone have a list of the SL 500 options they could post or a URL to a site with them ?<br>
<br>
thanks

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Re: Yes on tire pressure, no on ventilated seats (heated +

check the R230 MBWorld.org forum. i believe someone posted an options list (in German).<br> <br> doody.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Re: Option List Incorrect

Have a look at the www.mercedes.com, you will get everything about options for the SL.<br> <br> But remember, this is for the one on sale in Europe, there can be sligth differences with the US. <br>

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
only trouble with tire pressure warning is it only works on the factory rims--imo,very limiting.

comfort package is worthless in a convertible with heated seats and lumbar support standard.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ventilated Seats

Yes, but it is also a hard top coupe (remember that whole foldy thinga ma jig that goes up and down). Also, ventilated seats on a hot day are probably nice in a convertible.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Ventilated Seats

Yes, but it is also a hard top coupe (remember that whole foldy thinga ma jig that goes up and down). Also, ventilated seats on a hot day are probably nice in a convertible.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Re: Ventilated Seats

you may be right- the seats are only a tiny price of the total cost. my other reservation is that when i tried them in an s class sedan i did not find them as effective in winter as standard heated seats-imo a more important item

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I've just ordered an SL55 AMG (in the UK) with the following spec:<br> <br> Brilliant Silver/Berry Red Nappa Leather<br> Keyless Go - actually very useful, no fumbling with keys or remotes<br> Comfort Seats<br> Tyre Pressure Monitoring<br> Parktronic<br> <br> I decided against Distronic (too expensive and maybe it lulls you into a false sense of security)<br> <br> The SL is much more expensive in the UK than the US, but tends to come with more as standard fit, including Sat Nav, Bose, Xenon, Alarm....<br> <br>

1 - 10 of 10 Posts