Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
443 Posts
can u attach the images on this board? i really wanta see, and i dont feel like joining another fourm just to see pictures

·
Registered
443 Posts
really nice [|)][|)]
thx for posting them

Thats a REALLLLLLLY nice color, wow!! What is it? That's actually my favorite color for the SL now! It looks like an enhanced silver-greyish color, but not too golden.

·
Registered
2004 SL500 2002 SLK320
1,672 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
BEnZ_BroTHeR - 3/6/2005 12:30 AM

really nice [|)][|)]
thx for posting them

Thats a REALLLLLLLY nice color, wow!! What is it? That's actually my favorite color for the SL now! It looks like an enhanced silver-greyish color, but not too golden.
The color of my SL500 is pewter. Check out these pics with a Meguiar's wax.

http://www.mbnz.org/forums/forums/thread-view.asp?tid=1183123&posts=18&fid=37

·
Registered
'98 BMW 540i 6-spd
124 Posts
Nice family photos...[:D]

But you gotta take a couple of shots in the open so we can get a complete look. Do you do your tires as well?

So how long does the car stay reasonably clean where you are in TN? I have a silver car as well and it gets pretty dirty after 2 trips on the highway. They throw dirt on the roads to improve traction on ice - thank goodness it's a silver car.

Anyone use those "car duster" mops?

·
Registered
SL 55
120 Posts
I love pewter i have that for my H2,

I haven't polished the SL for sometime now, but thats a great job you did tiger, so the method of Spray on the wax and whipe off did it all? what did u put on the tires and windows too [:D][:D][:D]

·
Registered
2004 SL500 2002 SLK320
1,672 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
brown klister - 3/7/2005 10:36 AM

So how long does the car stay reasonably clean where you are in TN? I have a silver car as well and it gets pretty dirty after 2 trips on the highway. They throw dirt on the roads to improve traction on ice - thank goodness it's a silver car.
It used to take me 3 to 6 hours just to put on the Meguiar’s polish and wax on my SLK and SL. In my area you can wash your car every 3 months, and it will look great. But I wash my car every two to three weeks and put on wax every 3 months. The Optimum spray on wax will last about 5 months, but I will wax every 4 months with the Optimum spray on wax. It takes 30 minutes to wax two cars now. The secert of having a great wax job is to clay. Also you can layer the Optimum spary on wax.

By the way, my SLK is silver.

scottcardwell

I haven't polished the SL for sometime now, but thats a great job you did tiger, so the method of Spray on the wax and whipe off did it all? what did u put on the tires and windows too

I just use Meguiar’s Gold Class Shampoo to clean my wheels and tires. Stick my micro-fiber towel in the soapy bucket and wipe away on the wheels. The dirt and brake dust comes off real easy. I do not use any wheel cleaners, because I am afraid of the acid that will destroy the finish of the wheels.

Go here and see my wax job with Meguair's on my SLK and SL.

http://www.mbnz.org/forums/forums/thread-view.asp?tid=1183123&posts=18&fid=37

Also go here to check out Optimun spray on wax. It is made and tested in my city. All the test on this wax are from real chemical companies like Beckman Labs.

http://www.detailsbyalisa.com/

1 - 11 of 11 Posts