Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First of all, I´m from Sweden and because of that my english isn´t perfect. <br>
<br>
I´ve got an E55 station wagon –99. For about six mounths I decided to leave my car to a local and very good tuning company. I asked him what he could do to make the car go faster. He said that first of all he would build a new exhaust system from the headers and backwards and then use race catalysts. This will increase the flow through the system. <br>
<br>
Second he would rebuild the air intake so the engine would get more cold air and then install an open K&N-filter. He would also use some aluminum plates to segregate the filter from the engine so it would not inject hot air from the engine. <br>
<br>
Third he would optimize the fuel injectors. The spray angle is changed a little bit and it´s now an even finer spray of fuel than it was before. He would also measure up the difference of the amount of fuel that is injected into each cylinder. He said that AMG like every other car manufacturer allows up to 15 % difference between the cylinders. Now it´s maybe 1 % difference between the cylinders. This gives better torque on lower and middle rpm´s . <br>
<br>
Finally he upgraded the cpu to match all the changes. The speed limiter is also removed. The ignition is optimized for 98 oct which we have here in Sweden. <br>
<br>
I let him do all these changes and now the car goes much better than before. I haven´t done any dyno test but the guy who tuned the car says that this probably added about 50 hp and 55 foot-pounds of torque. I have no reason not to believe him. <br>
<br>
Since so many things are optimized I can also notice that the fuel consumption has decreased 10 %. And that is a good proof that he has done a great job with the car! <br>
<br>
A couple of days ago I bought a G-tech. I know that some of you doesn´t believe in these but I´ve compared it with my speedometer that is accurate (it´s tested) in speeds around 60 mph, and when the G-tech says 60 my speedometer says 60. <br>
<br>
First of all you must remember that the wagon is about 230 pounds heavier than the regular saloon. First I had some bad runs whit lots of wheelspin. The times where then between 5,40 and 5,60. But on my fourth run I had a perfect(!) launch. Just a very little spin at the first gear. The time was 4,81. I have seen times like that before but that has been saloons. Since the 0 – 60 time was so good I decided to go all the way to the ¼ mile. The time was 13,19 seconds and the top speed was 111,8 mph. I was very pleased with that time and speed. <br>
<br>
As you can see the acceleration has improved a little bit in lower speeds but I can really feel an improvement in higher speeds. It goes really fast from 120 to 150. It slows a bit after 155 but it goes all the way to the top speed that now is about 180 mph. And that is really fast for a station wagon! <br>

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hej Jan

Jag bor i Linköping som ligger ca 20 mil söder om Stockholm. Det företag jag anlitade finns här i Linköping och heter Österlunds Motorsport. De har en websida: http://www.osterlunds.com/ För samtliga modifikationer gav jag ca 30.000 kr.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts