Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
D2B protocol

Ted, the fiber optics connect all components in a ring - Radio, Sound System, CD Changer, Phone, Voice Recognition, Tele Aid, Radio. I am not sure how tapping off the fiber optics would work. Is the fiber loop-back to the other components in the amp connector or inside the amp itself? If in the amp, then the other components would not work using the adaptor. Lots of questions to answer! Call the converter company and let us know what they say about D2B systems. Read up on D2B and Becker Audio... <br> Thx, John<br> <br> <br> <br>

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
This looks promising, I sure hope it works!<br> <br> I too want to add an MP3 to my SLK230 (year 2000). I want to keep the stock stereo and amp this time because I'm fairly happy with the sound.<br> <br> I have a 1998 SLK230 as well which I removed the replaced the stereo and amp with a Sony DAT (DX-10 I believe) and a Phoenix Gold amp which sound great. The stereo shop did a pretty good job but the Sony DAT has this annoying buzz every time I use the radio. I've had two DX-10s which are fine for a year, but after that they start buzzing. I'm rather tired of having Sony fix the units then they start buzzing again after a few months. I think it's time to use an external aux input this time, and make use of my DAT walkman and Neo25 MP3 player.<br> <br> Ted, please let us know what the makers of the converter say and if you have success with it. Thank you!<br> <br> -greg-

1 - 3 of 3 Posts