Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
83 300d turbo, 79 c123 AMG
1,870 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I am sorry in advance if this offends anyone. I am young, and all the other car show categories were full besides off road :cool:

I wasn't sure if I should post these, but don't worry, it was only on there one day and was washed right after school. There were no rocks and I don't have any scratches. It was premium creek mud that consisted of a very fine grain sand. The mud wasn't brushed on or ground into the paint. It was splattered on and my car still looks great.

Here is our group and the bus up close:

Attachments

·
Registered
1,870 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I forgot to add this:

Paint hasn't been waxed for a few months and still shines well. Wait untill I detail it. The difference is amazing (I did a test section the other day and it is crazy)

·
Premium Member
W-1-2-3 Go!
16,161 Posts
Your turbo looks wonderful as always. Goes to show these cars truly can still look amazing even with all that mud. Hope you cleaned it well! How long did you clean it afterwards?

One more question, what's that thing on your windshield on the last image?

·
Registered
1,870 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
That is a reflection of a plastic bird that hangs in my garage. I am not sure why it is there, but it is.

I think I spent an hour or so cleaning the car. I went over everything at least twice and spent a lot of time on the trim because a lot of sand got stuck behind it.

The looks we got were priceless. My friend had his car straight-piped (the real way, out of the headers) and mine as well. So we had smokey diesels covered in mud. People were very confused.

·
Registered
1977 W123.123 1995 W124.034
3,919 Posts
the mud is fun but thats what my other vehicle is for

Attachments

·
Registered
1982 300CD
5,162 Posts
The only thing that makes me cringe is the "wash me" written in the dirt. That is what scratches your finish.

·
Registered
1982 300D Turbo Diesel - 2006 VW Jetta TDI Turbo Diesel
53 Posts
It annoys the crap out of me when people do that to cars (use fingers to write messages). Another thing I hate is when someone closes the door and it dosen't shut all the way...then they proceed to slam their entire body into the door to force it shut.....STUPID.

·
Registered
1982 300CD
5,162 Posts
The hip-check wouldn't work on my car. I just replaced ALL the rubber. Windows, doors, you name it. You have to close it solidly with a little force. It slightly "pop"s open. I'm sure it will compress down after a while, though.

·
Registered
81' 300D, 82 300TD
393 Posts
those cars loook awesome!!! and i have noticed with these thick benz doors the hip check is no problem

·
Registered
1981 240D
858 Posts
i had a friend with a 94 accord two door. he always cursed the day that a girl he referred to as "the cube" (mean, I know) hip-checked his door. Since it was so heavy no one ever closed it completely the first time and he always freaked out if it looked like you even thought of putting your weight into it.

Then again, this was a honda, wasn't it? :)

·
Registered
1982 300D Turbo Diesel - 2006 VW Jetta TDI Turbo Diesel
53 Posts
heh...reminds me of a girl I used to ride the big cheese with. When she got on the bus I would always shout....holy Smit.....it's an earthquake...ROFL..that was also around 93-94 timeframe.

I have grown up a bit since then.

·
Registered
1,870 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Yea that writing kind of pissed me off.

·
Registered
'77 6.9, 74 240D, 96 Ram 5.9L Cummins
2,654 Posts
Where did you go to get that much mud on the car. How encrusted was the undercarriage?

·
Registered
1,870 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
There was nothing on the undercarriage. It was all on the body. We thought ahead ;)

·
Registered
92 320ce Cabrio 5sp auto 119k km
525 Posts
Replacing window seals

Is there a simple source for all the rubber seals? Are they model-specific, MB-specific or is the rubber strip something generic? I need to do the same on my new-to-me 1981 280ce. Also, the coupe has the vertical strips at the trailing edge of the front windows and the leading edge of the rear windows. Any suggestions on how to deal with renewing them?

Different seal topic - how about when replacing the front windshield or back window - is there an MB-specific kind of seal, or is this stuff generic?

·
Registered
78' W123, 00' W163, 05' W211, 89' RRC
152 Posts
sweet, i did that in my ML, but never thought to do it in the diez, sounds loke a plan

1 - 17 of 17 Posts