Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
2005 SL 55 "k" 26K 1967 250 SL ?K 1984 500 SEC 242K http://www.flickr.com/photos/mercebman/
998 Posts

·
Premium Member
1967 250 SL, 1965 300SE lang
3,063 Posts
Well I'm not getting any younger. So what do you think about this one.
If you want 560 hp and an out-of-warranty-extremely-expensive-to-fix-not-reliable car then go for it! Looks like a really nice car. I would really like to lease a car like that and really hate to own a car like that. I don't want the headaches.

·
Registered
507 Posts
I really doubt I even need to say this, but high performance, low production, import vehicles are nice to look and to drive. Owning them means servicing them, and that's almost exclusively at the dealership or a high end import shop, both of which are very expensive. Plus the parts are pretty much all direct from MB I imagine. Which is fine if you don't sink all your savings into the AMG.

And maybe money is no object, in which case I would get a CTS-V Coupe, or CTS-V Wagon if I was feeling collectible. They've been highly rated in recent tests, and maybe they're in the same price range as the AMG.

Oh wait, maybe I'd want an Aston Martin if I really wanted to get spendy! :D

Maybe you could get a somewhat recent car that you can upgrade and turn into a track car and take racing. My brother did the latter with a couple cars, and he's having a blast at the track every weekend.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts