Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
SLK350
834 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know this is probably for the younger crowd, but what do you guys think of these wheels:

Konig HotSwap:

The All New Konig HotSwap - Discount Tire Direct

They have interchangeable spoke inserts so you can make the spokes body colored/black/carbon-fiber/chrome, etc. I think it'd look hot on the SLK, but I'm thinking most of you are going to say it's tacky. Imagine a Mars Red SLK with a Black finish wheel, with red inserts. That's hot.

·
AMG Forums Moderator
SLK55 (2006) C36 (1995)
3,288 Posts
i actually think they look really nice, but i wouldn't bother with inserts, that just means extra weight could be shaved. Just paint them! The new thing i'm onto is having the hub/dish of the wheel painted to match the car, and the spokes either black or graphite. Of course, if you've got deep dish, i would say to have bright chrome hub and black wheel centers.

·
Registered
06' SLK350
2,315 Posts
I like them, go for it, I like the style, five spoke with lips and rivets. Don't care to much to change the inserts, I stick with black or graphite for your white SLK, I think it might be a bit much with white inserts to match the car unless it's a lambo, lambo's has be to outrageous to look good. This is still a benz.

·
Registered
SLK55,CayenneS,XKR
1,995 Posts
Ynot said:
I like them, go for it, I like the style, five spoke with lips and rivets. Don't care to much to change the inserts, I stick with black or graphite for your white SLK, I think it might be a bit much with white inserts to match the car unless it's a lambo, lambo's has be to outrageous to look good. This is still a benz.

I am with Ynot, White car and black wheels look very sportive.

·
Registered
35 Posts
konig wheels

the wheels are ok, but the inserts can go. nothing beats a classic 5 spoke "star" design. konig makes good wheels

1 - 6 of 6 Posts