Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2004 W220 (S430) ; 2001 R129 (SL500) Sport
1,335 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I use their claybar wash (washing before and after I use that) about every fourth wash, their car wash, and their polish. It did a superb job on my black Lexus and seems to do well on my '04 W220. I realize the polish isn't wax, but I apply it every week or so (it only takes about 15 minutes to do the whole car) when I wash and it doesn't leave any residue. With a good clear coat why wouldn't this suit? I also use their spray detailer every now and again. I'm not looking to pick a fight or to be insulted; I'm asking for opinions that will help me take care of my car. I enjoy washing and detailing my car, I'm just not interested in all the pain that comes with paste wax.

·
Registered
89 BMW E34 ///M20 525i
148 Posts
I use their claybar wash (washing before and after I use that) about every fourth wash, their car wash, and their polish. It did a superb job on my black Lexus and seems to do well on my '04 W220. I realize the polish isn't wax, but I apply it every week or so (it only takes about 15 minutes to do the whole car) when I wash and it doesn't leave any residue. With a good clear coat why wouldn't this suit? I also use their spray detailer every now and again. I'm not looking to pick a fight or to be insulted; I'm asking for opinions that will help me take care of my car. I enjoy washing and detailing my car, I'm just not interested in all the pain that comes with paste wax.
Probably one of the easiest to use weekend warrior products you can find at the moment, try it out - if you can, post some before and after pics. Both after you wash, of course. Best feature for the weekend warrior is probably it's ability to not stain trim. Very nice. Although the protection isn't as good as a high quality sealant or carnauba - it's better than some of the other OTC products, and it's ease of application makes up for it. It's worth the try. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
2008 CLS 550
4 Posts
Probably one of the easiest to use weekend warrior products you can find at the moment, try it out - if you can, post some before and after pics. Both after you wash, of course. Best feature for the weekend warrior is probably it's ability to not stain trim. Very nice. Although the protection isn't as good as a high quality sealant or carnauba - it's better than some of the other OTC products, and it's ease of application makes up for it. It's worth the try. :thumbsup:
Good info. I've been using Maguire's quick detailer spray to remove water spots on my black cls550 after a wash and dry. It leaves a nice glossy look and repels water but doesn't last long as a protectant. I've heard good things about the Turtle Wax Ice. Might have to give it a try.

·
Registered
1982 240d 211k miles
132 Posts
Ice Ice Baby! Easy hand application, No buffer required!

I use to own a detail business back in the day and over the last 20 years I've sampled alot of what's out there. I love this stuff!!! I have used it on all my rides! I really like it the most on my burgandy color BMW bike! No messy residue to chase around! It goes on easy and wipes off very nice! Leaves a slick lovely shine that feels AWESOME!! You must have clean and dry towels to get it off completely. My only reservation is that the longevity is not there. Multi applications will be required over time if parked outside or daily driving. This is what I use on my garaged toys for the wet looking shine!
It is very easy to apply quickly.
Works best on flawless paint to bring out that shine!
Try it you'll love it!!!
Two thumbs up! :thumbsup::thumbsup:

·
Registered
89 BMW E34 ///M20 525i
148 Posts
IMO a well prepped surface after polishing (isopropyl alc wipedown/citris wash) with a base coat of Klasse Acrylic sealant, is the base for practically anything. It gives me some of the best looking, and long lasting results. I usually top it with P21s 100% or the original P21s formula.

It does indeed take longer, but it's worth it, especially if you're already at it and have already taken the time for paint correction.

·
Banned
99 Merc S420 (80k Mi) 07 Lexus LS460 (21k Miles)
4,583 Posts
Ice is silicone low budget polish in a bottle. The ONLY stuff that it actually works on (because of the high silicone content) is rubber trim and exterior mud flaps. It also tends to work well on tail lamps. Besides that, the product is very unimpressive (water doesn't even bead up!) and the "clay bar in a bottle" is a joke. There is less than 1% clay in the bottle. It's water and paint cleaner with a dash or crushed clay. It is NOT a substitute for a real clay bar.

·
Registered
89 BMW E34 ///M20 525i
148 Posts
Ice is silicone low budget polish in a bottle. The ONLY stuff that it actually works on (because of the high silicone content) is rubber trim and exterior mud flaps. It also tends to work well on tail lamps. Besides that, the product is very unimpressive (water doesn't even bead up!) and the "clay bar in a bottle" is a joke. There is less than 1% clay in the bottle. It's water and paint cleaner with a dash or crushed clay. It is NOT a substitute for a real clay bar.
Pretty much any OTC product. Heh.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts