Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1990 300TE
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guys, I own a mint w124 300TE wagon but I found a 1982 for my parents who was owned by a friend. 136,000 miles, mint interior and good exterior. Some rust around one jacking point and a little rust under a rear bumper. It was owned originally by a gentlemen who had a place in Florida where it was bought and a home in Wisconsin. It looks as it was garaged a lot of it's life and the original service booklet was literally written in by the gentlemen every time the oil was changed and serviced which is great. 6500 was paid. Was that a good price knowing the records,mileage,interior and some little rust. Here are the pictures. Let me know. Thanks guys!

http://share.shutterfly.com/share/received/welcome.sfly?fid=065ee1e85e88c4f8&sid=9AYuWjJuzcOdg

·
Registered
1981 W123 300D non turbo, 1992 190E 1.8 <=> 2.0
6,561 Posts
That sounds like a good price to me - but then I'm not really aware of how much things cost where you are.

You mention rust - investigate and stop this as soon as possible!

·
Registered
1982 300D Turbo with newer engine (KKK Turbo)
90 Posts
Looks really nice! Is the dash top free of cracks, or does it just have a topper glued on it? I guess it doesn't matter if I can't tell from a photo anyway :)

·
Registered
1990 300TE
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Absolutely no cracks. The guy who owned it originally had a professional slight tint done because of the Florida sun which I believe saved the dash and interior.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts