Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
CLK430
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Gonna paint my 430's rotors... Black car with black rims... Should I paint the caipers black or red? Which would look better? Any feedback would be appreciated[:D]

·
Registered
2000 CLK430 Coupe
653 Posts
I have a silver 430 and went silver with mine and then added a black Mercedes decal. I think they look great IMHO. For a black car I would go silver or black. Red looks a little rice to me.

·
Registered
CLK430
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
where did you get the decal... If i painted the caliper black is there a white mercedes decal avalible?

·
Registered
254 Posts
bs00clk - 5/15/2005 11:38 PM

I have a silver 430 and went silver with mine and then added a black Mercedes decal. I think they look great IMHO. For a black car I would go silver or black. Red looks a little rice to me.
can you post some pics of that, wondering how that would look.

·
worst mod in BW history
ML CLK Iridescent Hyundai Accent lol,GoPed Freightshaker & Volvo semi's, c'mawn?
27,762 Posts
Yellow give it that cool "industrial" look. If you match them to your car, It looses its impact imho.

·
Registered
SL500, CL55, E350, E320
3,205 Posts
I'd go with red. Lots of expensive cars come with red calipers ( ==> they are not rice).

·
Registered
05 E55
419 Posts
lnguyenh - 5/16/2005 9:08 AM

I'd go with red. Lots of expensive cars come with red calipers ( ==> they are not rice).
But there is a HUGE difference between factory painted red big brake kits/calipers and regular brake kits/calipers painted by owners.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts