·
Registered
1981 SWB 300GD
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi

Found this:

http://www.networld.at/index.html?/articles/0514/95/109125.shtml

Tranlating with my 5 years of German it says that parts for over 700.000 eur has been smuggled out from the Graz plant, and 54 persons have been questioned about this case. Two workers where one have beeen working at the plant for over 23 years are named to be the masterminds. The police have located several places where the parts have been piling up. They even found a whole body of a Puch G burried in the ground..!

If some one can translate this far better than I, please do so, so we can get the facts out to the whole non German reading forum[:)]

Regards

Peter G

·
Registered
2000 G500 NMLE
6,977 Posts
G Dane - 5/6/2005 2:30 PM

Hi

Found this:

http://www.networld.at/index.html?/articles/0514/95/109125.shtml

Tranlating with my 5 years of German it says that parts for over 700.000 eur has been smuggled out from the Graz plant, and 54 persons have been questioned about this case.
If some one can translate this far better than I, please do so, so we can get the facts out to the whole non German reading forum[:)]
Here's a quick machine translation. It's pretty rough, but I'll polish it up a bit and repost later:

Unbelievable scandal with Magna-Steyr: Co-workers stole car-parts in the big style
The total-damage amounts to at least 700.000 Euro
25 Grazers Beschäftigte release, 54 perpetrators, two in custody,

Only in the February, a Magna-Mitarbeiter has been condemned because he/it had stolen Puch-G-Teile in the big style. Now, gendarmes of the station came Kalsdorf on the track of further vehicle-part-thieves: " 54 persons are explored, two of it in custody ", according to the determining precinct-inspectors Herwig Sorger and Wolfgang Ulrich.

25 partially long-time co-workers of Magna Steyr, whose service-circumstances were already finished because of the actions, are from the suspects. Parts became " entire in the value of 700.000 Euro that would have fited on two 40-Tonnen-Lkw, stolen ", the gendarmes reported on Wednesday. Motor, fenders, steering wheel, bodyworks, rims, radio, navigation-system - it gave nothing, which the thieves didn't take. The parts were partially sold over handlers to car-dealers and workshops, but also to the " homemade " of Puch G uses. The gendarmes found in over the whole Styria scatters aimed " camps ", but also in the residential-objects of the suspicious vehicle-parts. Gendarme Sorger: " The camps were aimed " in the forest, in the hay and at all impossible positions in the houses. in perpetrators it has as he/it was alerted by accomplices that the Gendarmerie is already him/it on the track, a whole Puch-G-Karosserie in the forest buries.

Diebesguttransporte per truck
Since the Kriminalabteilung of the Landesgendarmeriekommandos Styria could not help because of lack of personnel with the investigations, the gendarmes of the station formed Kalsdorf an individual Kriminalistengruppe. " We admittedly had 17 in the last two months continuously - until 18-Stunden-Tage, but it has been worthwhile ", inspector Ulrich said. 54 persons were now shown because of the suspicion of the heavy professional fencing as well as the heavy professional theft or because of both findingses, two of them sit in custody. It is an employee old 35 year and a 54-year old, that worked since 23 years with Magna, personnel-boss Erich Maier so. The extensive thefts have been only possible because the suspects knew themselves among each other for years and also a porter, who pushed shut both eyes with Diebsguttransporten per truck from the yard, took part.

Reinforced security-measures
The Magna Steyr vehicle-technology will now reinforce the security-measures according to Maier, " the network of engmaschiger knots, by means of supervision, Wegsperren of goods and sealing ". with Magna it put value on the observation one that only some " of black sheep " were with approximately 9.000 employees. According to the gendarmes, the perpetrators of each other independently proceeding partly are - it has itself only two small, organized groups educated - since at least five years active been. For the investigators, there was a commendation of her/its/their bosses, Magna-Steyr appeared with one 1.000-Euro-Scheck for the fund for Gendarmeriebeamte gotten in need.

·
Registered
1981 SWB 300GD
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi

Thanks DUTCH[:D]

I thought the Forum might find this interesting...

Now let's see if this will affect the parts prices from MB...[:eek:)]

Peter G

·
Registered
2000 G500 NMLE
6,977 Posts
G Dane - 5/6/2005 3:14 PM

Hi

Thanks DUTCH[:D]

I thought the Forum might find this interesting...

Now let's see if this will affect the parts prices from MB...[:eek:)]

Peter G
I know a couple of people in the Parts Department in Graz. I hope they were not part of this deal.

·
Registered
230 G BGS 300G TDI
965 Posts
They have been listening to too much Johnny Cash.
" One Part at a Time "
Exactly the same kind of scam was uncovered at our local Cummings Diesel plant last year.

·
Registered
2000 G500 NMLE
6,977 Posts
4x4rancher - 5/6/2005 4:15 PM

They have been listening to too much Johnny Cash.
" One Part at a Time "
That was Christie Lane, not the man in black.

I wonder if this mess was the source for some of the new parts on Ebay recently. I seem to remember a low priced set of the 18" look-alike 16" wheels - new in the box; and the seller was in Austria.

·
Registered
'85 280GE LWB '84 230CE
153 Posts
4x4rancher - 5/6/2005 1:40 PM

Sorry Dutch over here it was diffinately Johnny Cash.
This reminds me of the wheel barrow joke. you probably know it.
I only remember it from Jonny Cash too.

Cash's playlist included a Wayne Kemp song about Detroit: "One Piece at a Time." The 1976 hit praised an auto worker who built himself a Cadillac by stealing one part at a time over several years. GM officials were delighted, noting the singer apparently didn't think the rival Lincoln was worth stealing
http://www.detnews.com/2003/editorial/0309/16/d07-269599.htm

·
Registered
230 G BGS 300G TDI
965 Posts
Isnt Lincoln Ford?

Guy leaves the factory every day pushing a wheel barrow full of straw, every day security check through the straw but find nothing, in his 25 years of working at the factory the guy stole thousands of wheel barrows.

·
Registered
2000 G500 NMLE
6,977 Posts
Better - not Perfect - Translation

It's not perfect but this one is a little better:

Unbelievable scandal with Magna-Steyr: Co-workers stole car-parts in the big style
The total-damage amounts to at least 700.000 Euro
25 Graz employees were terminated, 54 perpetrators, two in custody,

Only in the February, a Magna worker has been condemned because he had stolen Puch-G parts in the big style. Now, gendarmes of the Kalsdorf station came on the track of further vehicle-part-thieves: " 54 persons are investigated, two are in custody ", according to the determining precinct-inspectors Herwig Sorger and Wolfgang Ulrich.

In part, 25 long-time co-workers of Magna Steyr, whose service-circumstances were already finished because of the actions, are from the suspects. Parts totalling altogether the value of 700.000 Euro that would have fited on two 40-Tonnen transport trucks have been stolen ", the gendarmes reported on Wednesday. Motor, fenders, steering wheel, bodyworks, rims, radio, navigation-system - there is nothing, which the thieves didn't take. The parts were partially sold through suppliers to car-dealers and workshops, but also to the individual of Puch G owners. The gendarmes found over the all of Styria scattered storage dumps, but also in the residences of the suspicious vehicle-parts. Gendarme Sorger: " The storage sites were hidden in the forest, in the hay and at all possible positions in the houses. One of the perpetrators has, when he/it was alerted by accomplices that the Gendarmerie is already on his track, a whole Puch-G chassis in the forest buried.

Stolen Goods transported by truck
Since the criminal office of the Styrian state police could not help because of lack of personnel with the investigations, the gendarmes of the Kalsdorf station formed an individual criminal invesitgation group. " We admittedly had in the last two months continuously - up to 17-18-hour days, but it has been worthwhile ", inspector Ulrich said. 54 persons were now shown because of the suspicion of the heavy professional fencing as well as the heavy professional theft or because of both findings, two of them sit in custody. It is an employee old 35 year and a 54-year old, that worked since 23 years with Magna, personnel-boss Erich Maier so. The extensive thefts have been only possible because the suspects knew each other for years and also a porter took part, who closed shut both eyes with respect to the stolen goods transportation by truck from the yard.

Reinforced security-measures
The Magna Steyr vehicle-technology will now reinforce the security-measures according to Maier, " the network of enmeshed conditions, by means of supervision, to close off and seal goods. ". Magna made the important observation that onlya few were "black sheep " out of approximately 9.000 employees. According to the gendarmes, the perpetrators of each other independently proceeding partly are - it has itself only two small, organized groups formed - since at least five years active been. For the investigators, there was a commendation of her/its/their bosses, Magna-Steyr donated a 1.000-Euro-Scheck for the fund for needy police officers.

·
Registered
2000 G500 NMLE
6,977 Posts
4x4rancher - 5/6/2005 5:34 PM

Dutch. you are a Gem [:)][:)]
Jeez. I've been called lots of things, but never a "gem". Thanks, I think. [8D]

·
Registered
1996 G300TD
384 Posts
There was an incredible amount of G parts offered on ebay in Austria the last couple of months. It already made me wonder where those parts came from.

Let's see if that source dries up now.

JW

1 - 13 of 13 Posts