Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, following repair of the MAFS I was experiencing very erratic behaviour of the engine. I decided to buy two lambda sensors to have them replaced as MB tels there are two, a rear and a front one.. however this morning I had the work done but the Fitter only found one and he is positive there was only one sensor. So how is this possible? I showed him pictures of the place where it should be but he told there was only one.
He fitted one and the other went unused, I have it in my possession.
What is he missing? Can this be true?

The car now seems to run fine anyway.

·
Registered
1998 A Class 160 Petrol w168
87 Posts
Hi Lofty, after many years I have to replace the lambda again. I have p0130 error, it’s not the mafs as it was rebuilt in August. Now looking at EPC I don’t think it’s possible at all that the car has only one Lambda as it clearly shows two. Where did you get this idea it could have only one? I think in 2011 they only replaced me the one after the kat and they failed to even see the one ahead of kat.

·
W168, W169 Moderator
A180 CVT, A170, A190, B200
446 Posts
W168 petrol models 1998 to early 2001 have one lambda sensor.
Late 2001 to 2005 have 2 and they are ULEZ compliant.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Well I have a 1998 first version. Mercedes EPC shows 2 sensors for my VIN. If there was one it would say “not for this vehicle” on one of the two. It shows one ahead of kat and one after kat. However I will try to inspect under the car.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Well, yes, I was able to confirm it has only one. The kat part is A1684900414, there is only the lambda before the kat, no other ones. EPC is misleading.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts