Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
slk 200
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ordered my slk 200 in september on my birthday still got 12 months to go [:(] not sure what color to get like the iridium silver but love the graphite grey designo i think . can it be bought in the uk on a slk 200 and how much would it cost p.s any photos

·
BenzWorld R171 Host
SLK350
1,410 Posts
Designo paintwork in the UK costs an extra £1125 upwards if my memory is correct.

unfortunately i do not have a current brochure to hand to give you the exact figure, but i think that is correct with the varicolours costing £1712 and chromaflair £3632 (gulp!)

BTW i drive a benitoit blue 350. If you see one around town its more than likely to be mine! ;-)

·
Registered
SLK200 Auto (171)
186 Posts
There is no need to wait more than 3 months now for an SLK in the UK. A 12 month wait is just plain nonsense????????????

·
Registered
SLK 350
69 Posts
ditto that! Call around I am sure you will get one 3 to 6 months. If you are flexible with colour and options you might be able to get one for next weekend, my dealer had 2 in stock on the showroom!

·
Registered
SLK350
258 Posts
I think you should call round the dealers. My local dealer quoted early 2006!!!
But another dealer offered a factory build to my spec today for delivery this April. [:D]
So i took that, maybe he had a late cancellation or something.
I guess I was in the right place at the right time.
A number of dealers have prebuilt cars but you may have to be flexible on colour / features.

·
Registered
R171 SLK200 2005
475 Posts
tb manchester - 2/22/2005 5:33 PM

ordered my slk 200 in september on my birthday still got 12 months to go [:(]
I ordered my car in September, and got a phone call last week saying could I go in and spec my car (needs to be done by end of March), and hopefully will be an end of May/beginning of June pickup!!!! [:D]

8 month wait but worth it!!! [:D] Plus I did kind of expect this with living up North, the dealer does not get as many new SLK allocated to them as down South would. [:(]

They sell their demo cars after 3 months, which for the last SLK demo was in October/November and since then they've just not been able to get a new demo in!!! They've had to borrow one!!! [:0]

·
Registered
SLK 350 due 03/05
90 Posts
ordered late september arrives early March,

Just a 5 month wait for me and thats from North Yorkshire - not too far from Cumbria.

When I first looked at the car I specified one requirement for them to get my depoisit - March 05 delivery.

I called the same dealer a day later, out of curiosity, not diclosing who I was to be told to expect an 8-12 month wait if I ordered now.

When I enquired in December I still had little solid assurance of a March delivery, and was advised no UK MB dealer knew their allocation from March onwards.

I just played dumb and let them know I expected the vehicle March and anything but would result in no sale.

·
Registered
R171 SLK200 2005
475 Posts
The problem with my local dealer at the moment, is that they don't seem to be bothered about getting your custom or not!!!! [V]

My Dad went in before Christmas to enquire about purchasing a new M Class off them, and they were just not interested at all in trying to sell him a car. [:(!] He ended up going to Glasgow, to get one - didn't get a better deal but felt like they wanted his custom!!! [8D]

I think the problem in the UK now is that MB have thinned the number of dealers now, and so they don't really have to fight for your custom anymore, cause they're normally the nearest dealer to you!!! Alos with purchasing a new SLK and knowing I'd be in and out a bit of the dealership, I wanted somewhere that I could pop into on my lunch hour!!! [8D]

But so far they've not been too bad - I'm just curious to find out if they get my Bremen pick-up organised alright!!! [:0]

·
Registered
SLK 55 AMG
3,560 Posts
12 months? That's Rubbish.

I could get one in 3-4 months if I ordered one now (and that's the rarer AMG). Shop around if you want your car badly enough.

·
Registered
slk 200
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
thanks for the advice will phone round i know stockport;macclesfield and manchester are all 18 months will try others. at least it gives me a year to save for more extras for the car

·
BenzWorld R171 Host
SLK350
1,410 Posts
tb manchester - 2/23/2005 11:56 AM

thanks for the advice will phone round i know stockport;macclesfield and manchester are all 18 months will try others. at least it gives me a year to save for more extras for the car
if you do want it sooner, PM me, i've contacts at one of the local dealers...

·
Registered
SLK350 AMG kit
121 Posts

ordered my slk 200 in september on my birthday still got 12 months to go [:(] not sure what color to get like the iridium silver but love the graphite grey designo i think . can it be bought in the uk on a slk 200 and how much would it cost p.s any photos
You can get the prices online at :
http://www.mercedes-benz-usedcars.co.uk/
designo metallic £1130
designo varicolour/mystic £1720
designo chromaflair £3650

I know the problem you are having choosing colours, I've got to spec mine in the next couple of weeks and I just cannot choose what colour and to make things worse have a look at Graphite/Mystic Blue/Havanna :- see url: www.mbslk.de
TRANSLATED version:

http://translate.google.com/translate?u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.mbslk.de%2F&langpair=de%7Cen&hl=en&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&prev=%2Flanguage_tools

Piccies of most every colour combination you can get.

·
Registered
R171 SLK200 2005
475 Posts
ian-kent - 2/24/2005 5:20 PM

I know the problem you are having choosing colours, I've got to spec mine in the next couple of weeks and I just cannot choose what colour
I've had the exact same problem, and eventually came to a decision yesterday - which was good cause have just got back from spec-ing the car at the dealer!!!! So only got to last till June now!!! Roll on Summer!!?!?!? [:D] [8D] [;)] [:p]

·
Registered
SLK55 AMG
152 Posts
E-Bay have loads on there for immediate delivery, they even have an SLK55 at list price.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts