Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Awhile back, I posted about my '99 E55 transmission slipping on me. I finally went to the dealer to get it looked at. Sure 'nuf the trany was slipping because the clutch was worn. At! 14,000 [email protected] I only went to a few track [email protected] Anyhow, the dealer gave me a new transmission with upgraded gears, a new clutch pack and computer. Now the car runs even smoother and I am not so hesitant to slam it to floor.<p>So anyone out there that is second guessing themselves. Or if you are going in for your service. Be confidant to go back to your dealer to check on your transmission. The E55 has a computer that logs all potential faults etc. The fact that they had an upgrade package ready leads me to believe that this is known (maybe regular). MB just decided not to do a recall or any notices I guess.<p>Let me know if anyone of you guys have any experience with this.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Wow. Thank God for the Warranty. <p>Reagrding the computer on the E55: what kind of faults does it record? Malfunctions only, or does it keep a log of all systems all the time for later diagnosis? <p>

1 - 2 of 2 Posts