Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

I need some help, I removed the battery over the weekend to run a power cable for my after-market amplifier. I also disconnected and reconnected 2 connectors located below the right rear door panel: one had brown and peach wires with a blue connector (audio speakers) and the other was black connector with black and red wires. After putting the battery back in a starting up, the 4 window will not go up with one touch and the moonroof controls are all out wack. I don't want to go to the dealership and mess with all that stuff.

Does anyone have any input on this? I have a 2005 C230K Sport Sedan.

Thanks, Mark

·
Registered
14 Posts
You just have to "resync" them. I think the manual explains this as well. But all you need to do for the windows is put each one up and hold the button all the way up for about 4 seconds. That will tell the car where the end of the travel is. Do that for all four windows and also the same for the roof. I think I had to do that when my roof was closed because the buttons were all jacked up as you said.

·
Registered
03 c230 k
92 Posts
Resync should solve the problem unless codes are messed up like on my sunroof it had to go to dealer. But do what mark said except might be more than 4 secs.

·
Registered
My Benz: 04 S430
1,219 Posts
Another quick way to resynch everything is to use the remote to fully open all of the windows and the the sunroof, then use the remote to fully close them. This automatically resync's the entire system. Just be sure the roof opens all the way before releasing the button, and the same for close.

I just learned this from the dealer a fewe weeks ago and it worked for me..

·
Registered
14 Posts
What gets me is I have to resync my rear passenger side window about every day. Then randomly when its not working it will work on its own and go all the way up...then later...back to not working. Just freaking stupid if you ask me.

I've heard others having the same issues with their sun roofs, having the constantly resync them. They've had dealerships replace motors, regrease the tracks, and even replace the tracks and it still does it.

·
Registered
C230 SC KOMPRESSOR
33 Posts
I have the same deal,i open the sun roof it will only open half way and stop and then i have to push the button agian to open it all the way.and when i use my remote to open the windows & roof my windows go down all the way but my roof just pops up and stops!and thats using the remote on the passanger side the drivers side the windows roof will move a little and sometime not at all.[xx(]

·
Registered
03 c230 k
92 Posts
There was the same problems with the e class sunroofs and the have a code fix for it which they used on my car havent had the problem since they did that. Before it yes replaced motor greased tracks and aligned the sunroof. Have them give it a shot

1 - 8 of 8 Posts